Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Hatch & Speaker Issues....Warranty Covered???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
DaeHan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch & Speaker Issues....Warranty Covered???

Having issues with my rear hatch latch & my drivers side speaker. Hatch wouldn't close/lock all the sudden this morning and my drivers side speaker has been cutting in and out for a while (i'm thinking a loose wire). I've just dropped off the z at the local nissan dealer/service department. My Zs an 04 but i do have a extended bumper to bumper/powertrain warranty, but i was told the hatch would probably be covered but the speaker probably not..... Since all my bose audio is completly stock and never tampered with i thinking this is bs especially with the lame *** deductible , anyone had similar experience with warranty coverage on the stock audio???
thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
R-TuneZ

maybe its time to upgrade your speakers... the bose system is kind of crappy, i guess it depends on what you are trying to do though. it should be covered on a bumper to bumper warranty (hence the name), read the fine print of your contract to find out for sure.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
DaeHan

Originally Posted by R-TuneZ
maybe its time to upgrade your speakers... the bose system is kind of crappy, i guess it depends on what you are trying to do though. it should be covered on a bumper to bumper warranty (hence the name), read the fine print of your contract to find out for sure.
well according the service advisor, if its a direct speaker issue -its covered, if its something like a loose wire(which i think it is) then its probably not.....then he went on to say something like its a case to case thing
Old 07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
R-TuneZ

i am going to have to call bullsh*t on the service advisor. if its a defect in "material and workmanship", which is what a loose wire is... obviously whoever connected it did not do it correctly because i have an 04 w/ bose and my speakers work perfectly (except for the stupid bose sub which is a piece of crap)... than it should be covered. you will not know for sure until you read your warranty though.