Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Fed up with Nissan Consumer Affairs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 03:09 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Fed up with Nissan Consumer Affairs

I've reached my end. I've been more than patient over the past several months with Nissan acknowledging and rectifying my problems, that I'm ready to elevate my issues.

My service writer and I have exchanged extensive dialog that I've begun to realize the problem with Nissan fixing the flaws in our cars. Fact is that Nissan does return his calls half the time. They are "aware of the problem", but have yet to fix it. I've been approved for tires since May, but still have no replacement tires. I've filed a complaint, and still, no resolve. I elevated the issue, and all of a sudden, the persona at NNACA is available (after the numerous messages I've left her to call me back). I speak to her, and my service manager, we reach a resolution. So I call her back and leave her a message to have her authorize the purchase of replacement tires through TireRack. Still no response. This goes beyond my seat click which I've had as a documented problem since February.

So now I'm beyond pissed off. Nissan has come a long way to produce nice cars, but fail to take car of their customers. I'm preparing to draft a letter to Nissan Consumer Affairs about my experience with which I consider to be the absolute worst customer warranty service in the country. Even my service writer has informed me that he has so many outstanding warranty claims with Nissan, that he cannot deal with it anymore. I've been patient for long enough. Any suggestions?

I'm at wits end.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:01 PM
jim l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Nissan Consumer afraud

Its a great car when you get to drive it but mines been out of service in excess of 50 days. It currently has 1400 miles on it. If you look at my posting, drivetrain problems with no resolve you will find my opinion of Nissan Consumer Afraud Dept. Polite, well spoken. etc. but no solutions. They also change their solutions mid way. My recommendation is to proceed formally,certified letter etc to their consumer affairs division. Nissans web site also gives the names and titles of the people in charge. A letter and a little time cant hurt. Your local or state better business bureau and your states attorney generals office may also be of assistance. Do your self a favor,forget the phone and the frustration. Good luck, jim l
Old 08-11-2003, 12:56 PM
jackwhale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I phoned about the seat movement 'click' and was told that they were aware of the problem but no fix was in sight. As a favor to me? he was going to inform one of the engineers who is working on this problem. Since most 350Z cars have this problem, I can't believe that they are expending any time on the problem. I actually told the service rep to have the engineer actually look at a seat--I'm sure a fix is readily available. As far as I know, cars have always had seats but this is the first seat to have clicking movement.