Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

axel clicking

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008 | 09:17 AM
sir captian

Default axel clicking

I just set up an appointment to get my oil changed at my area Nissan dealership and I mentioned to the service advisor that I had that axel clicking problem.He told me that they would check it out and would have no problem fixing it under warranty if they could find the problem.Has anyone been told that this is not covered under warranty?And if so how much did they try to charge.I'd appreciate a little feedback before I roll up in there on saturday morning.
Old 11-13-2008 | 09:33 AM
Category5

Originally Posted by sir captian
I just set up an appointment to get my oil changed at my area Nissan dealership and I mentioned to the service advisor that I had that axel clicking problem.He told me that they would check it out and would have no problem fixing it under warranty if they could find the problem.Has anyone been told that this is not covered under warranty?And if so how much did they try to charge.I'd appreciate a little feedback before I roll up in there on saturday morning.
"...if they could find the problem" would make me nervous. This is a very well documented problem, and Nissan issued a TSB indicating proper procedure on fixing it. He should be very aware of what the problem/solution is (involves re-tightening/replacing axle nuts). Some dealers will say that the fix is actually an "adjustment" which falls under the 1yr/12mo adjustment warranty (it's in the manual, but this is usually meant for brakes, alignment, etc.). Others include it under the 5yr/60mo powertrain warranty, which makes sense. If your dealer balks, expect him to charge around $150.
Old 11-13-2008 | 09:36 AM
sir captian

thanks man.
Old 11-13-2008 | 04:03 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?
Premier Member

I had mine fixed at over 31,000 miles. It is a warranty fix and any dealer that tells you otherwise is lying. It's also IMO good to take a copy of the TSB with you when you go in. I have the PDF if you'd like it emailed to you. My dealership fixed it without blinking.
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:43 AM
Category5

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
...and any dealer that tells you otherwise is lying.
Now that would be rare.