Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

help please throwing two codes after putting stockplenum on

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
crid10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please throwing two codes after putting stockplenum on

hey all thanks for the advice in advanced. yesterday night i went to put my crawford v5 plenum on along with my kinetix test pipes. seems simple enough right...thats what i thought i had a massive vacum leak when i put the crawford on i now know why i had that and will install the plenum tomorrow during the day. my problem came when i put the stock plenum back on i sprung two check engine codes p0102 Maf or Vaf a circuit low input, and p0113 IAT sensor 1 circuit high input. i originally tried clearing the codes but that did not work as they came back almost immediately. i looked everything over and it seems to be all back in place nothing loose at all. so i have no idea where this problem is coming from any ideas will be helpful and greatly appreciated thank you
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out the three reset procedures listed in this thread....
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...procedure.html

If you accidently touched the throttle plate or didn't disconnect the battery when working on the car, that might fix your problem.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:57 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TB reset is a ***** to get it going, but usually when your TB is off calibration your car will staul when warm after starting it. It will just fade out. If you disconnected the plugs on the back of the TB or pushed in the butterfly as mentioned above, thats your problem. Good luck with things, i had the same **** happen to me when i installed my spacer.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 PM
crid10

no luck with that. im taking the plenum off again tomorrow and properly installing the crawford so hopefully i can figure out whats wrong with the plenum off
Old 12-25-2008, 08:00 PM
crid10

what do you mean by butterfly??? sorry if thats a dumb question im coming from a ford so this engine is completely different than the 5.0 im used to haha.. and i plan to try the reset again when i get the crawford on tomorrow assuming the codes are still popping up. when i tried the relearn procedure today the MIL light wouldn't even come on
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

butterfly valve is pertaining to the open/close mechanism on your throttle body. Our throttle bodies are "drive bye wire" set ups, so if you take your finger and push that little flapper in with your finger your calibration is off.

The TB reset takes PRACTICE, dont give up because if you pushed in that valve or disconnected your throttle bodies plugs than your calibration is more than likely off. It would make it seem like a big *** vacuum leak that keeps killing your engine but its not.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
crid10

ok but then here is my problem wth that there has been no vacum leak since i put the stock plenum on and that is when it threw the codes