Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your mom suxors at the driving....
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by esanchez
My question is, once we chose the shop to fix it, will they allow me to use whatever parts I want?
No.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Edg_R

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by surfcity40
your mom suxors at the driving....
lol. naw she's a great driver. but these things happen. she was in a hurry to take my little brothers to see george w bush arrive downtown. and she forgot i had parked my car in the driveway. so when she was getting out of teh garage, she didnt see it. and bam!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:17 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing is get your mom a vehicle she can drive, like a Yaris or Smart for2. Why in gods name does she have a Yukon? Absolutely no answer is acceptable here as she smashed your car while it was sitting in her drive way. That is proof positive that she should under no circumstances be driving a vehicle like a yukon.

I would not be claiming insurance to fix that, it will go on your record and against you (depending on how your insurance works) I would be making mommy pay for it outta her lunch money.

Based on those pics and how long the marks on your car are, she didn't hear anything and was clearly pressing the gas wondering why the truck wasn't going anywhere.

That's just a total fail right there. Get her something smaller, please for the safety of everybody on the road and before she kills somebody.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:04 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me many years ago. My mother had a Lexus RX-300 and she backed up over the hood, bumper, etc of my Acura CL-S that was parked in the driveway behind her. She left around 4:30am that morning or planned to leave and didn't look back and ran over the top of the car. It was way more damage than you have on your car. The hood was according, bumper crused, under hood pieces broken.

Her excuse was it was dark, she didn't see my car when she looked back (because she turned off the damn outside lights). She basically said it was my fault because I parked behind her so I had to use my insurance to get it fixed. We haven't exactly been on the same terms since that happened especially after her making me pay for it.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Edg_R

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
First thing is get your mom a vehicle she can drive, like a Yaris or Smart for2. Why in gods name does she have a Yukon? Absolutely no answer is acceptable here as she smashed your car while it was sitting in her drive way. That is proof positive that she should under no circumstances be driving a vehicle like a yukon.

I would not be claiming insurance to fix that, it will go on your record and against you (depending on how your insurance works) I would be making mommy pay for it outta her lunch money.

Based on those pics and how long the marks on your car are, she didn't hear anything and was clearly pressing the gas wondering why the truck wasn't going anywhere.

That's just a total fail right there. Get her something smaller, please for the safety of everybody on the road and before she kills somebody.
Well with the family, she kinda needs a Yukon. She plans to get a Pontiac Solstice sometime in the near future. Its a family of 5 so only a Yukon makes sense. My dad has 2005 SuperCrew F150.

Will it go on MY record or hers? We're on the same insurance account, and she already notified the insurance company. Which she gets along really well with her agent, and she's telling her exactly what to do.

Its been her only wreck in the past like 10 years. So it shouldnt be that bad, right? And its my one and only wreck I've been involved in.

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Same thing happened to me many years ago. My mother had a Lexus RX-300 and she backed up over the hood, bumper, etc of my Acura CL-S that was parked in the driveway behind her. She left around 4:30am that morning or planned to leave and didn't look back and ran over the top of the car. It was way more damage than you have on your car. The hood was according, bumper crused, under hood pieces broken.

Her excuse was it was dark, she didn't see my car when she looked back (because she turned off the damn outside lights). She basically said it was my fault because I parked behind her so I had to use my insurance to get it fixed. We haven't exactly been on the same terms since that happened especially after her making me pay for it.
Damn... now that's ****ed up. She tried doing the whole its your fault you parked in the driveway thing but I didn't let her. I was on MY side of the driveway. And it shouldnt matter if I'm INSIDE teh garage or OUTSIDE of it as long as I'm on my side. She was on her side but reversed out crooked. And therefore ran into my car. Tried to say that it was my fault because I didnt put it in the garage. I had no reason to, I had just gotten out of work, and I was stopping by to pick up something before i headed off to class.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:20 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Good thing there weren't any children in the area.. if she can't see a big car in the driveway, chances are she would have flattened some kids no problem.

Good luck with all that..
Old 01-21-2009, 07:25 AM
06MagneticZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samjcg
YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET AFTERMARKET BODY PARTS IF YOU OWN THE CAR. If the title is still under the bank or anything other than your title/family/friend's title, you cannot get aftermarket body.

Says who? Thats not true. I had a Nismo V2 put on my car after the insurance company gave their estimate, my car was being financed.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

step 1: move out of your parents house

step 2: punch mother in face
Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Edg_R

Originally Posted by Entaille
step 1: move out of your parents house

step 2: punch mother in face
lol
Old 01-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Edg_R

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
Says who? Thats not true. I had a Nismo V2 put on my car after the insurance company gave their estimate, my car was being financed.
What's the process you went through? Did they make the check out to you, then you bought the parts and took it to a shop to get installed?

Or did the shop order the parts for you?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
davidv

a. File a claim against mom’s insurance.
b. Select a shop of your choice.
c. Mom’s insurance gets you a rental until the car is fixed.
d. Mom’s insurance pays the shop.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Edg_R

Originally Posted by davidv
a. File a claim against mom’s insurance.
b. Select a shop of your choice.
c. Mom’s insurance gets you a rental until the car is fixed.
d. Mom’s insurance pays the shop.
Lol no... we have the same insurance. Me, my dad, and her are on the same policy...
Old 01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
CarbonZ08

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
+1
Insurance will send a guy to give an estimate on the damages and they will pay whatever the cost is. It depends on the shop you take it, but usually they will let you buy aftermarket parts IF they are cheaper than the OEM, title in hand or not.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 AM
davidv

Lol no... we have the same insurance. Me, my dad, and her are on the same policy...
Then mommy and daddy will take care of it. Its not your policy.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Mr. CF

Originally Posted by davidv
Then mommy and daddy will take care of it. Its not your policy.
lol you'll be good to go man, gl with fixin it
Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 AM
whitelightnin

She was going out (to see George Bush come back home to Midland, TX) and didn't look back. She damaged my right fender, bumper, headlight and hood.

...... so I'm not mad at my mom.
You SHOULD be pissed at Bush!... just another "accident" to add to his wonderful legacy
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Edg_R

So... i wrecked yesterday morning. Car isn't driveable. Its not that bad, but the radiator is f-ed up.

I get to drive a Mazda 6 (tan colored, no tint) as a rental for now. Pictures to come...
Old 01-24-2009, 04:23 PM
blastoff99

So... i wrecked yesterday morning. Car isn't driveable. Its not that bad, but the radiator is f-ed up.

Whoa, wait, hold everything... what???

Quick Reply: My mom backed her huge Yukon into my Z. What to do? :(