Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Problem with backup/reverse light

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Kano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with backup/reverse light

Hi all,
I've got a problem with my rear cluster reverse light, it doesn't come on.

I've checked the bulb (which was ok) and replaced it and it still doesn't work. I've removed the entire rear bumper, checked the wiring harness with a multimeter and it all looks ok, in reverse there is just under 12v on the positive line and the ground line is connected to the chassis OK. Yet the bulb still doesnt light.

I've connected two wires to a bulb and inserted them straight into the bulb holder, but nothing. I've cleaned the holder contacts with sand paper and bent the legs of the bulb out for a better connection, still nothing.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of and it doesn't light. What could it be? Its a 21watt bulb so all I can think of is a poor connection isn't letting enough current thru.

Does anyone know where how to get to the reverse switch on the transmission? I know where it is, but don't know which panel to remove.

By the way, the car is UK spec with manual transmission.

*MORE INFO*

Just had a look at the fuse (#71) and it's fine. Also noted the + voltage was 11.45v at the bulb end and at the battery its over 12v. Looks like a dodgy connection somewhere, so hard to pinpoint.

Last edited by Kano; 01-24-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
max-hid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is in the driver side on the transmision..but you have to remove tthe tranny to remove it..is very dificult to see it...