Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
TJGILROY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
see if you can take it to autozone....they'll check it with a computer....at least you'll figure if it's something worth getting a shop to do...
you checked the MAF meter yet? give that a try...wouldn't hurt
hey dip$H(%, this look familiar?

or did you just pull a (tjgilroy) and tell him what i told him
Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 AM
TJGILROY

"you checked the MAF meter yet? give that a try...wouldn't hurt "

-and for dip$*(% number 2, it was a question, i wasn't telling him that was the problem...

why do you guys hate so much, it's a freakin' forum, we're all here to give the guy some idea of what he could do so he won't have to fall flat on his face at the dealership
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the problem isn't acting like a MAF issue there is no reason to check it. You really can't just check the maf either other than clean it. Spreading misinformation is bad and could cause someone to spend money they don't need too.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
TJGILROY

i didn't know cleaning the MAF sensor was misinformation and as for spending more money, i would rather order some MAF cleaner or get it where you can get it for 5 bucks and try that...if you say a couple bucks on some cleaner fluid or taking your car to get it read at autozone is misinformation you need to check yourself bro...repairs on cars like these are expensive, so i'm just giving the man some pointers on what to check and do before getting reemed at a shop

op - and as for the lights and the car starts, as i said before it could be sensors in your car, the ecu throws different codes for different sensors so by going to autozone, their computer may tell you a code but not too precise to pinpoint the problem, if that doesn't work, get a local shop that has a decent computer to do it...last thing to do is take it to the dealer, they charged me $200 dollars just to look at mine when it was throwing codes...but you do what you want
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

i didn't know cleaning the MAF sensor was misinformation and as for spending more money, i would rather order some MAF cleaner or get it where you can get it for 5 bucks and try that...if you say a couple bucks on some cleaner fluid or taking your car to get it read at autozone is misinformation you need to check yourself bro...repairs on cars like these are expensive, so i'm just giving the man some pointers on what to check and do before getting reemed at a shop

op - and as for the lights and the car starts, as i said before it could be sensors in your car, the ecu throws different codes for different sensors so by going to autozone, their computer may tell you a code but not too precise to pinpoint the problem, if that doesn't work, get a local shop that has a decent computer to do it...last thing to do is take it to the dealer, they charged me $200 dollars just to look at mine when it was throwing codes...but you do what you want

YOU DIDN'T SAY CLEAN IT, I DID. You said CHECK the MAF but you gave him no info on what to do. The MAF again has nothing to do with his problem that is why you gave poor information.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
TJGILROY

are you kidding me??? common sense would tell you to go do a search or if he had a question of what i meant, he would have asked...don't ya think??? not poor information - i just assumed that he would know what i was talking about, apparently he might have since we haven't heard from him lately...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
TJGILROY

i can't believe you guys are hounding me when previous posts has sent him for a new battery (97 dollars) and he wasted money and has the same problem... explanation???
Old 05-01-2009, 10:44 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

He didn't read. He was recommended to go and get the battery CHECKED not replaced. Again what you have offered has not been related to his issue that he has currently. It is pretty obvious you have no experience working on cars. I suggest re frame from trying to assist others.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

OP, sounds electrical. Might be a Alternator because of what you said about the lights. But either way you need to get a code scanner or get it taken to a shop for a diagnostics.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 AM
TJGILROY

tell that to someone who values your opinion because all you have done is argued with me and not helped the guy out at all besides tell him what i've already told him...contradicting your lamo excuse for others not knowing what they are talking about...

if you know so much about his "issue" then fix it for him man...if not, then get off of my back for lack of raising your intelligence of "working on cars"

you sound like vin diesel "granny shiftin', double cluthin" who the &%ck cares what you think...help the original post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
TJGILROY

altenator problem at 42k miles...i highly doubt that, this isn't a gm or ford car
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
TJGILROY

04 silver, as you can see there are many different responses you can get from many different people...i suggest you take them all and do what you can with it...i recommended a couple things that i had problems with to help you out, stuff i've found out on my own and at shops and dealers...

a few a-wods on here want to slam ideas out of the picture and not help you at all or pretend that they can come up with legit answers on their own. although these cars are very well made, minor things may burn up or get dirty and will have to be replaced, then some people treat it as major engine problems or major parts(alternator) on your car have gone...just go get it checked to clear your mind of what it may be... good luck
Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

tell that to someone who values your opinion because all you have done is argued with me and not helped the guy out at all besides tell him what i've already told him...contradicting your lamo excuse for others not knowing what they are talking about...

if you know so much about his "issue" then fix it for him man...if not, then get off of my back for lack of raising your intelligence of "working on cars"

you sound like vin diesel "granny shiftin', double cluthin" who the &%ck cares what you think...help the original post
Right...... Your the only one here that hasn't helped him.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
TJGILROY

see if you can take it to autozone....they'll check it with a computer....at least you'll figure if it's something worth getting a shop to do...
you checked the MAF meter yet? give that a try...wouldn't hurt
hey i'll quote you what i've already quoted if you want to throw quotes around all day...

even you told him to take it to autozone after the fact that i did, you can't even admit that...talk about a poor excuse just to hound someone...as for the MAF issue...i had one, i was just asking if he had even checked it - i didn't tell him to go out and buy a new one...i was just putting possible problems out there...

man after dealing with a-holes like you that own a z...i hate to admit i even drive one because that puts me as having something in common with you
Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man after dealing with a-holes like you that own a z...i hate to admit i even drive one because that puts me as having something in common with you
You take this forum way too serious.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
You take this forum way too serious.
wow, it's like dejavu...your mom told me that exact thing last night...different tone, but same wording...your good - very good
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
haha...as for you...

i wish i could go find a smiley for you, but i'm tired of wasting my time of proving you wrong so i'll move on...

peace
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, it's like dejavu...your mom told me that exact thing last night...different tone, but same wording...your good - very good
Wow. Okay.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

You haven't proved anyone wrong.

Quick Reply: Not starting