Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Turboed 350: Will Not Start When Hot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Twon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboed 350: Will Not Start When Hot?

okay ill try to explain this as best i can. first off i have an '03 350 with turbonetics single kit on it, and i know this has something to do with the kit, whether there isnt enough airflow or what, i have no idea.

when i first start my car after hours of sitting, it starts right up, everything is fine. i take a 20 min drive and stop at a gas station. i let my car run for about 2 min and turn it off. i go inside get something to drink and come back out and she'll turn over when i try to start her but it'll stuggle to start.

so i head from there to say...the mall.. or something for a second stop. ill run in real quick and do what i have to do and come back out to start my car and itll either

A. struggle a lot more than the first time and finally start or
B. wont start at all (keep in mind that it is turning over but will not start)

and one time i was being lazy and stalled out after driving for a while and when i tried to start my car back up, it attempted to turn over but struggled as if the battery was dead, which it was not close.

does anyone have any idea what is causing this problem and what i could do?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Will it turn over when hot but not run, or will it not turn over at all?

If it won't turn over (easily), then the heat might be affecting the starter and/or battery. High temps cause the resistance to increase in the start motor and the battery may not have enough power to turn it over. Have the battery and starter tested to find which one is bad.