Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

White Smoke, 10.0 a/f's,stalling, good headgasket....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Fidanza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Smoke, 10.0 a/f's,stalling, good headgasket....

Hey guys,

Here is the scenario... 2006 350z, 26k miles, last 6k boosted on a full Vortech kit w/ uni-chip out of box vortech tune, all aam breathing mods, walbro in tank. Last week switched the hfc's over to test pipes, o2 sensors looked pretty black... 10 minutes later driving, car almost stalled out rolling up to a stop sign... now i have white smoke at idle etc ( not a thick cloud but a good amount) also stalls out when i drop it into nuetral at a light etc.. smell is not sweet, just smells horrible, pulled off the oil cap it is clean but the oil was smokey as well and smelled like the exhaust. Under minimal to max load the wideband will hit 10.0's rich...

Pulled the codes, SES light previously on for crank angle sensor, which was replaced light stayed on,vdc and slip light, performance was still good.... still had a crank angle sensor dtc and now also have a o2 dtc (performance bank 2 sensor 1) driver side pre cat... I also did a coolant test to see if hydro carbons were present, test came back clean so head gasket is good. From speaking to a few guys sounds like it is a fueling issue and may be too much fuel and it is washing out.

Could be caused by the bad o2 sensor and crank angle sensor mixed with a set up with a walbro that is not tuned for it so in limp mode i am dumping even more fuel at 70 psi. Hopefully it is not a stuck injector etc.. I am going to change the coolant, change the oil and filter, replace the o2 sensor and crank angle sensor.... clear the codes and re test the coolant after engine is warm and see if the other issues remain.

Any further ideas or suggestions? thanks for reading lol... I really want to like this car again...missing my evo now lol.

Last edited by Fidanza; 10-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.