Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

350z heat coming in under gas pedal and passenger foot

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 350z heat coming in under gas pedal and passenger foot

Hello guys,

something is funny with my roadster. i got a coupe before and this is my new roadster. i noticed hot air coming in under my steering wheel. i felt the heat and my passenger also felt it. My a/c or heat is not on. i turn the control **** to defroster mode, top mode.. nothing for foot but i still feel the heat coming... funny thing is that i turn it to circulating inside only.. nothing coming in and yet.. hot air coming in under the steering wheel and passenger's feet.

is it normal for a roadster to feel that? or the wall between the engine compartment and my foot is malfunctioned or broken?? please help...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Smoothy34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try pushing the middle climate control button so it's not using outside air but recycling inside air..should stop the hot air (from engine compartment) I can't remember what setting you have to be on location wise (feet, dash etc but it does work...

Originally Posted by sssmasss
Hello guys,

something is funny with my roadster. i got a coupe before and this is my new roadster. i noticed hot air coming in under my steering wheel. i felt the heat and my passenger also felt it. My a/c or heat is not on. i turn the control **** to defroster mode, top mode.. nothing for foot but i still feel the heat coming... funny thing is that i turn it to circulating inside only.. nothing coming in and yet.. hot air coming in under the steering wheel and passenger's feet.

is it normal for a roadster to feel that? or the wall between the engine compartment and my foot is malfunctioned or broken?? please help...
Old 10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Smoothy34
Try pushing the middle climate control button so it's not using outside air but recycling inside air..should stop the hot air (from engine compartment) I can't remember what setting you have to be on location wise (feet, dash etc but it does work...

\

i tried but heat still coming in.. i am thinking that the valve or whatever was suppose to block/ direct air is malfunction.. wat you this?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
vthao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the car ever in an accident? One of the passages where air travels through could have broke or simply fell off another, directing air to where it isn't supposed to go. Shitty part is, I think these passages are behind the dash and hard hard to get to.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:44 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadst...ck-panels.html
Old 10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
sssmasss

thanks for all ur helps.. now i know what happpppppppppppppennnnnnnnnnnedddddddd hahahah

thanks again