Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Door unlocked properly, alarm still goes off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Z-Score

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door unlocked properly, alarm still goes off.

Hi guys, first of all I'm sure something similar has been posted before so I apologize for that added to that is that fact that I'm doing this on behalf of family member. I'm pretty familiar with the car, but I don't have direct access to it right this moment and I apologize for that too. Therefore I'm just looking for some general advice

But here's the problem.

The car has a not unfamiliar window problem, it won't roll up or down. The steal-ership said it was the actual switch itself. I located one, and it was installed, still didn't work. After reading here I'm thinking its the motor itself, which is fine. I'll deal with that for her later with the help of the excellent "how to's" I've found here.

However, after installing the new window switch, when the drivers side door is unlocked from the outside (with the key) and the door is opened, the factory alarm is going off. At this point in time it occurs intermittently but needless to say its not something you want happening.

I'm not entirely sure how the door lock and alarm are interrelated. I wouldn't think replacing the window switch would have anything to do with it, but as far as I know that's the only thing that has changed.

I'll try to procure some more info as soon as possible. But in the mean time I'd appreciate insight you guys may have. Thanks in advance.