Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Weird window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
allycat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird window problem

ok, before you blast me for not searching, I did do a search and I read every thread on here about window problems and I didn't see what my driver's side window is doing.

Here is the problem I have my driver's window works fine, expect if I had the window open any amount at all while driving or parked. I close the window (either using auto up or holding the up button, I tried both) when I shut the door the window will roll halfway or all the way back down. The only time it does it is when I first get out of the car, if I open the door 5 minutes later and shut it the window is fine. Trying to figure this out is this a motor problem or a loose connection somewere, any help you can give would be appreciated.

Also I have already tried doing the window reset procedure and that didn't help.

Last edited by allycat; 11-12-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 AM
GT-Z

The motor is goin bad or sum repl it and didnt put the rubber peice under the mirror in the door where the window rides up & down on back in right. either or u have to take it apart and see ur self whats wrong with it. its not that hard have someone help u and u can have it done in no time...

Last edited by GT-Z; 11-12-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 AM
allycat

Originally Posted by GT-Z
The motor is goin bad or sum repl it and didnt put the rubber peice under the mirror in the door where the window rides up & down on back in right. either or u have to take it apart and see ur self whats wrong with it. its not that hard have someone help u and u can have it done in no time...

It does look like the motor was replaced when I took the panel off to put in new speakers a couple of the screws weren't tight and the black dot that goes over the reset button for the window was peeled up. But can you tell me what rubber piece you are talking about, do you happen to have a pic of it. I am going to take it apart and look this weekend. The wierd thing is the window will only go down if you slam the door, if you close it easily it's fine.