Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

ECU....IPDM....wth?.....HELP

Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Katz350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU....IPDM....wth?.....HELP

I was so excited to finally get my fully built motor for my 350z back from the shop. We slipped the motor right back into the engine bay like butter, connected the wiring harness to all the sensors, aligned the flywheel, bolted the tranny back in....and I thought I was good to go.

Then.....we tried to turn the car over....the engine will crank, but won't start. I'm getting no spark, no fuel.

We have been through every sensor, every fuse, all the grounds. Unplugged my aftermarket car alarm, checked the passive alarm (NATS), checked power to the iginition coils, checked the fuel pump (it primes), checked the IPDM relays and they all switch over, hooked up a scan tool and we are getting "NO" codes at all from the ECU.

I'm running a UTEC piggyback and am going to try removing that from the equation tonight to see if that may be causing an issue.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this type of issue with their 350?

One thing we did notice is that the check engine light blinks 5 times slowly, which should be an emissions thing and shouldn't prevent anything....but wth....figured I would throw that out there.....

Any suggestions....
Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
hwcustoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked the main ECU fuse yet? This is the 15a fuse in the box behind the battery. See if that one is blown, and if it is PM me.