Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

How to Fix: P1121 "Electronic Throttle Control Actuator" code/LimpMode problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:36 AM
350zPharmDstudd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Fix: P1121 "Electronic Throttle Control Actuator" code/LimpMode problem

OK, So I used this forum to help me diagnose my problem with my '03 350z touring. I had the problem with my car going into Limp Mode, which involves the the "service engine soon" light, the "VDC off" light and the "SLIP" light all being on at the same time. When this happens the car will not tac above 1,500 rpm... (no your car is NOT broken it is a built in safety measure). I was able to escape the problem for a while by using a Snap-On diagnostics tool to clear the code, but it WILL come back and you will need to replace the part.

Here is how to fix it... (this is after arguing with Nissan dealerships and researching these codes)

Problem:
a bad throttle body (the original has a black motor riveted to the aluminum case, reason being... if you have had it replaced it will be screwed on),

Solution:
New throttle body cost $600-700 and only from a Nissan dealer
Re-manufactured throttle body cost $140 (minus core charge) or up to $180

After installing the new part you will need to do a series of throttle relearning procedures, here is a link to a well explained process.

http://www.nycnissans.com/showthread.php?t=2279
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 PM
srikanth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,

I am having the same problem. My car is also going into Limp mode. I have observed this is happening for every 2500(around) miles after i change my engine oil.

I am getting TCS OFF, SLIP and Service Engine Soon lights are on and after restarting the car, i got Service Engine Soon light still on.

I got P2135 code when i read the car error. If we change throttle body, is that sufficient?

Please let me know.

Thanks.