Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

? Gas Problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 08:14 AM
FairLady350zZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? Gas Problem ?

Does anyone have a problem pumping gas in their Z's? When I pump on an almost empty tank, I would get about $10 bucks worth before the pump will click telling me that its full. When I try to pump again it will click again. Only way I can pump again is to take the nozzle out and then put it back in for like another $2 bucks worth before it does it again. This problems sucks!! I have to basically guess when my tank is full. Called up Nissan and they are gonna schedule me in for an appointment to see if the line is kinked, if not they are gonna order me another gas tank. This sucks for owning an 04 PPW 350Z with only 1000 miles on it. Anyone else have this problem or know about it?
Old 11-19-2003, 01:58 PM
mberthia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on this forum that it happened to someone else. Since then it happened once to me. I pumped in about 3/4 and it stopped. Even with removing the nozzle and reinserting I could not fill it up more. I thought that my gas gage was wrong. It's not after a few miles of driving that I decided to try again. This time, I was able to fill completely.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:55 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use a different pump, that one might be clog. Clog as in the fume return is saturated and cuts the pump off thinking that its full. Its the way the tank is design too that causes this. Just go to another pump and make sure you push all the way in before filling. Do a search there are tons of people that had this happen.