Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Power locks / passenger window (going up) stopped working at same time

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
mfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks / passenger window (going up) stopped working at same time

I have a 2003 touring edition. I have a rather unique problem. At the exact same time my passenger window stopped being able to go up and my power door locks stopped working. I'm thinking its the switches or the BCM but not sure and here is why....

The door locks don't respond to the switches on either door however they do both respond correctly to the key fob.

The passenger power window will respond to going down from both the driver and passenger switches but will not respond to going up. Of course after fiddling around with it I've managed to get it as far down as it will go.

Also, although my driver's side window does work it no longer does the little move 1/2 " down when you open the door and 1/2" up when you close the door.

I've disconnected and reconnected the harness to the switches on both doors to see if anything was lose and that did not help.

I've disconnected the negative battery terminal and left it disconnected for a half hour to see if it was some weird computer related issues and that did not help.

I also disconnected all the harnesses from the BCM to see if anything was lose or maybe that would somehow reset the BCM and that didn't work either.

Based on my problems and what I 've tried to troubleshoot can anyone identify what exactly is broken? I really want to avoid going to the dealership and having them clear out my bank account.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:52 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

old thread bump.

My symptoms exactly.

Anyone know the answer ?