Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Upper Radiator Pipe removal *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Figgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Radiator Pipe removal *Pics*

Well the story starts with me changing my spark plugs and finding them drenched in oil. So after ordering 2 new valve covers and gaskets I though I was in the clear. Wrong! The passenger side was leaking oil from the newly installed valve cover. In an attempt to tighten the valve cover bolts...(everyone thats done a valve cover job knows whats coming next)....I snapped a bolt. Now in order to try to remove that bolt I need to remove what I guess would be called Upper Radiator Pipe. I've already disconnected all of the radiator hoses connected to the pipe, now the pipe wont come off after pulling and tugging as hard as I could. My question is how do I get this pipe off? In the first pick I have the pipe connected I'm not sure what kind of connection it is but its defiantly not threaded so I figured it would just pop off. In the second pick you can see who ever took of the pipe replaced it with a rubber coupler.

I just got these images of the internet sorry if their yours.
Attached Thumbnails Upper Radiator Pipe removal *Pics*-fix-radiator-hose-connection-with-arrow.jpg   Upper Radiator Pipe removal *Pics*-fix-clear-shot-of-radiator-pipe-circle.jpg  

Last edited by Figgy; 02-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Fleet Z

There is a small bolt (10mm head) that secures the flange on the pipe. The bolt is on the lower (bottom portion) of the flange, so you're going to need a a mirror to see it. You need to remove the bolt and the pipe will slide out. There is an o-ring at the joint.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Figgy

Originally Posted by Fleet Z
There is a small bolt (10mm head) that secures the flange on the pipe. The bolt is on the lower (bottom portion) of the flange, so you're going to need a a mirror to see it. You need to remove the bolt and the pipe will slide out. There is an o-ring at the joint.

You have no clue the trouble you just saved me!!!! I will forever be greatful to you sir
Old 02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also the 2nd picture is the pathfinder mod, not the stock pipe.