Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Latest on Transmission replacement!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:00 AM
ssk0771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a rumor that there is going to be another tranny out sometime this month. I think it will be 009.

Does anyone know about this rumor?

How about you Jeff@Performance?
Old 02-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't heard anything about this???? BUT, anything is possible. I called my local "informant" on the inside and he/she hasen't seen anything yet either. We will see....
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 AM
cckleung

Originally posted by ssk0771
I got mine replaced (read my sig) and I am still having an issue. I still have a grind going from 1st to 2nd when the engine is cold and have a knoch going from 1st to 2nd & 2nd to 3rd.

I was at Performance Nissan yesterday morning. Angel, the tech from Nissan came and drove my car. I left the car at Performance Nissan wedsday night so on thursday, I can drive the car first thing in the morning with Angel(Nissan Tech) to show him the grind & knochiness. Luckly, Angel did notice the little grind or a mechanical noise & the knochiness as he was driving my car.

NOW I KNOW I AM NOT CRAZY .

Angel wrote down my Vin number and he said he is going to check with Nissan Engineers. He said that he will be at Nissan next wed. so he will have an answer by friday.

He also said that there are 7 cars that Nissan has that they are testing for different things.

By the way I saw Jeff and Jason. Jeff said that he was going to get new graphic for his car. I wonder what it looks like.

Jeff if you are reading this. Post your pics.
I have a 04 couple that was build on Aug. I have about 5000 miles on it. Jeff, can you tell me if I have the latest transmission? I notice the same problem as ssk0771. I got knoch going from 1st to 2nd when the car is cold. Sometimes it will grind slightly. Also I need to pull a litter harder in order to shift from 1st to 2nd. All these problems only happens when the engine is cold. My co-worker who has a 04 Z that was build on Nov i believe also notice the same problems as I do. Should we have the transmissions replaced?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Pit Bull

Originally posted by cckleung
I have a 04 couple that was build on Aug. I have about 5000 miles on it. Jeff, can you tell me if I have the latest transmission? I notice the same problem as ssk0771. I got knoch going from 1st to 2nd when the car is cold. Sometimes it will grind slightly. Also I need to pull a litter harder in order to shift from 1st to 2nd. All these problems only happens when the engine is cold. My co-worker who has a 04 Z that was build on Nov i believe also notice the same problems as I do. Should we have the transmissions replaced?
What you are experencing is normal. Reading this stuff will make you think you have a problem when you don't.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 AM
cckleung

Originally posted by Pit Bull
What you are experencing is normal. Reading this stuff will make you think you have a problem when you don't.

So you are saying that it is normal for the transmission to grind sometimes and knoch everytime when I upshift when the engine is cold? Jeff, I need your professional advise.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Well, Nissan has shut us down on Trans replacements... Seems we have been doing about 60% on the countries replacements. They are not saying don't replace them, just want to verify that they really need replacement. This means we will need authorization before any replacement is done and they will sparatically (sp?) send out an adjuster to verify our claim.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:13 PM
maximadave

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
Well, Nissan has shut us down on Trans replacements... Seems we have been doing about 60% on the countries replacements. They are not saying don't replace them, just want to verify that they really need replacement. This means we will need authorization before any replacement is done and they will sparatically (sp?) send out an adjuster to verify our claim.
thats a bunch of horse crap Jeff. I wish Nissan would wake up and smell the exhuast about all these tranny replacements. I hope they figure out the problem soon
Old 02-16-2004, 12:22 PM
cckleung

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
According to my discription, do you think my transmission is bad and should get a replacement? Another thing I noticed is that it shifts much much smoother after my first oil/filter change done at the dealership and it only lasted for 2 days.

Last edited by cckleung; 02-16-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by cckleung
According to my discription, do you think my transmission is bad and should get a replacement? Another thing I noticed is that it shifts much much smoother after my first oil/filter change done at the dealership and it only lasted for 2 days.
You'll need to go to your local dealership for verification. Hard to guess without driving your car..... sorry.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Iezzi

I have the new 008 trans replacement with the clutch assembly and I have no more grind from second to third but it is still notchy at times and the shifter seems to vibrate more? Will switching to Syncro Shift 75W-90-transmission fluid help at all with the notchy shifts? If can anyone tell me where I can buy Syncro Shift or another good brand of replacement/high performance transmission fluid. Also does anyone else who has the new clutch assembly think it releases extremely high (mine doesn’t grab until 4 or 5 inches from the floor). Can the clutch be adjusted with out damaging the already problematic transmission?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Gary925

Default tranny

hey cckleung i have a 04 n it was buit in aug 03
i have all those problem u mention too.im wondering is this normal or is time to have my tranny replace.
btw sometime it goes very smooth on the tranny tho
Old 05-07-2004, 07:29 AM
cckleung

Gary925, the weather is getting warm in SoCal and I don't notice the problems anymore. Probably need to wait until winter comes to see the problems again. I have about 8000 miles now and the tranny is pretty smooth.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Pit Bull

Had a Dodge 3500 4x4 with the CTD 6 speed, they are notchy and had to shift when they are cold, fine when they warm up, just the nature of the beast. I noticed this with my 350Z when it was new and cold. I just took it easy until it warmed up and no problems, now have 6K miles and shifts fine but is a little stiff when it is cold. I bet part of the problem is that owners are beating this transmission when it is cold and damaging the transmission. Ferrari's and Lamborghini's have the same feel to them and act the same when they are cold. I had a friend that had a Tesserrossa (sp) and a Diablo and would let me drive them and even in Florida they would act like this when first started in the morning. I am not saying that all of the problems are being caused by the owners but I think some of them are. JMHO
Old 06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
vie2233hil

does this "transmission replacement" issue apply to automatic transmission models?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by vie2233hil
does this "transmission replacement" issue apply to automatic transmission models?

Thanks
No, just the 6 speeds.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Shift33

Just wondering if anyone has word on the most current tranny replacement number. Part numbers or TSB would be nice. I'm brining her in for the 2nd tranny replacement as soon as I get back.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

32010-CD008
Old 08-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Iezzi

Originally posted by Shift33
Just wondering if anyone has word on the most current tranny replacement number. Part numbers or TSB would be nice. I'm brining her in for the 2nd tranny replacement as soon as I get back.
I got the 008 replacement manual trans at 11K. I have 16K now and every thing is still going well.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Shift33

Awesome . . . thanks for the info Jeff.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Reaper700

Hi Jeff,

Got the car back and it feels good, clutch now engages right at the end of the pedal and makes for very fast shifting. Takes getting used to off the line but does not feel spongy or mushy. Shifts are very quick and positive and is quicker in a straight line banging through the gears.

Parts installed

30100-CD020 & clutch disc

32010-CD008 transaxle (gearbox)

46503-CD011 Pedal

...Tim

Quick Reply: Latest on Transmission replacement!!