Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Door won't open!!!- driver side

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM
juelz86z3303

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Door won't open!!!- driver side

Has anyone experienced any issues with the driver side door? The darn thing will not open once it is unlocked. When I reach to pull the latch, nothing happens and door will not open. I have to open the passenger side first, crawl over and open the driver side door from the inside. Called the dealer and they told me I was outside of manufact. warranty... any ideas on a fix for this issue? I thought this type of stuff should last through the life of the car.. WTH??? Does this have anything to do with my window motor going out? the window motor went out a few months ago but the door was working fine.. any thoughts??? thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Redline8419

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same issue. I imagine some little plastic clip or something else broke inside the door/handle assembly. From what I can tell it doesn't cost much to replace...like 65 or 70 bucks for a new handle. But to make your life alittle easier, just hold down the unlock button on your key fob, roll the window down and open the door from the inside (vs crawling over everything).

but on a side note, how much did it take to replace that window motor? the one on my passenger side just went out too.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 AM
fury350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline8419
I'm having the same issue. I imagine some little plastic clip or something else broke inside the door/handle assembly. From what I can tell it doesn't cost much to replace...like 65 or 70 bucks for a new handle. But to make your life alittle easier, just hold down the unlock button on your key fob, roll the window down and open the door from the inside (vs crawling over everything).

but on a side note, how much did it take to replace that window motor? the one on my passenger side just went out too.
correct, mine broke a little while ago. quick easy fix once the new handle came in. and as far as the window motor, around $125 from a company called cardone, that doesnt seem to do a very good job at refab'ing them to actually make one last more than 6 months.