Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Convertable/Passanger window problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Convertable/Passanger window problem

Hi all,

my wife tried to close her passenger side window on her 2006 ~ 350z convertable today and no joy.
I searched the fuse boxes in the passenger compartment and the engine compartment and nothing is labeled "window fuse" in either place.
Can anyone please tell me where the fuses are for this car so that i can check those before tacking it in for what is bound to be a replacement motor once the dealership gets their hands on it.

regards,
Doug.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:29 PM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update.

Hi all,

after searching a few posts i found someone that said to pull the door panel off again and while holding the switch in the up/down possition bang on the motor panel.

It was like magic, the window was working as it should however he also say's that when this happens you need to replace the motor because of all the gunk that builds up inside so i guess that I will order a new motor for another day.

I never did find the fuses for the window motors but i guess that's a moot point now.

Also, there is a neat post from one of the mods in here "vo7848" giving step by step instructions on how to clean or replace the motor. I found it to late but it really is helpful, thanks vo7848.
https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...dow-motor.html

regards,
Doug.

Last edited by doorpro; 06-23-2011 at 10:47 AM.