Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Blinking Air Bag Light Question.. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
stikystikyricky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking Air Bag Light Question.. Please help!

So I got a 350z off of ebay with a big crack in the front bumper. The car drove fine but had a blinking airbag light. Took it to a bodyshop to get a quote on fixing the bumper and asked him about the light. He said I would have to take it to the dealer. I did the reset I found thanks to you guys on this forum and the light went away. I drove the car for 2 days without any problems then dropped the car off at the shop. They swapped out my front bumper and when I picked it up the light was back on.

This time I did the reset and it blinks 1 solid, 6 times fast but wont go away. After research I discovered it is the front crash zone sensor. I cant really blame the body shop because they know it was already there. I just cant figure out if they accidentally unplugged something during the install or what.

My question:

How many front airbag sensors are there and where? I know of the one under the hood latch and I tried to unplug it but cant figure out how.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement sensor or a way to diagnose the exact problem without taking it to the dealer? I just bought the car and dont have the money to drop right now. Really bummed out.

Thanks!