03 start up problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
albe070z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 start up problems

Hello guys,

Im having two different problems.

The first is during start up. Doesnt matter if its warm or cold. Once i turn the car on it turns on and then it turns off within seconds. It doesn't happen everytime but when it does i need to hit the gas pedal from keeping it from stalling. When this happen i get the SES light.

So i went to an auto zone to see if i can find out what code was coming on. To my suprise when the guy connects his reader on my car it doesnt get any respond as if my connector doesnt have any power coming from it. So he couldnt tell me what code it was.

He said if he had to guess for my first problem it could b the gas pump. As for my second he said it could be bad wiring.

Im not sure if i should go to a dealership or to a Regular shop to get it checked out.

03 350z auto
103k miles
Nismo intake
Nothing else.

Thank you,
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

The car's not running properly and you're not getting anything on a scanner with the ECU...

Try a friends ECU if you can. Make sure it's the right ECU for your car.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 PM
albe070z

Well went by the dealership to get the car checked out and this is what they said i needed.

1- replace spark plugs n labor - 320.$
2- injector flush - 139.95$
3- adjust base idel - 105.00$
4- clean MAF -158.00$
For a total of $772.95

Supposedly the master tech that check the car. Said he was going to raise the base idel for me since it would not take him any time since he was already hooked up.

I declined the service n ill do it myself in changing the spark plugs and cleaning the MAF.

As for the injector flush i need to find out if i can do that.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

I would let a shop clean the injectors, as there's a pressurized machine that gets them way cleaner than any of the stuff you can buy at Autozone.

What fuel are you using in the car? Specifically, what gas stations are you using most often? I NEVER put Arco gas in my cars because I've had 2 cars that both hated Arco gas, and it caused fouled plugs and clogged fuel systems on both cars.

Good luck. Hopefully you get it sorted out.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:06 AM
albe070z

Normally I go to shell n 93 octane.

Just today I clean the MAF n took advantage n went ahead and cleaned the throttle body, which was really dirty. Car feels like its running a lot better.

Im going to go ahead n order some new spark plugs n switch em.

I might take your advise n take it to the dealership to .

get the injector flush. But atleast it b 140$ instead of 740$

Any suggestion on spark plugs?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
N35.7

Originally Posted by VividRacing
I would let a shop clean the injectors, as there's a pressurized machine that gets them way cleaner than any of the stuff you can buy at Autozone.

What fuel are you using in the car? Specifically, what gas stations are you using most often? I NEVER put Arco gas in my cars because I've had 2 cars that both hated Arco gas, and it caused fouled plugs and clogged fuel systems on both cars.

Good luck. Hopefully you get it sorted out.
It's suprising how crappy low tier fuel can be! If you're spending the money for 93 octane, go to a top tier gas station and make sure you're putting only the best in your vehicle http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

I was going to say your problems sound like a fuel pump issue. But, since things are headed in the right direction it sounds, hopefully it'll continue to go that way and save you lots of $$!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by albe070z
Normally I go to shell n 93 octane.

Just today I clean the MAF n took advantage n went ahead and cleaned the throttle body, which was really dirty. Car feels like its running a lot better.

Im going to go ahead n order some new spark plugs n switch em.

I might take your advise n take it to the dealership to .

get the injector flush. But atleast it b 140$ instead of 740$

Any suggestion on spark plugs?
Awesome. Good to know you're on the right track. Shell usually has great gas. Stay away from ARCO for sure, though lol.

Plugs? I've always run whatever the manual says, unless the car's highly modded.

Originally Posted by N35.7
It's suprising how crappy low tier fuel can be! If you're spending the money for 93 octane, go to a top tier gas station and make sure you're putting only the best in your vehicle http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

I was going to say your problems sound like a fuel pump issue. But, since things are headed in the right direction it sounds, hopefully it'll continue to go that way and save you lots of $$!
Yeah, it's a shame that people aren't more knowledgeable about what their putting in their gas tanks. Nice link btw.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:35 AM
albe070z

Thanks for the suggestions.