No
100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Putting off TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 02:04 PM
bkusnir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting off NTB03006? (Tire Road Noise When Braking)

I have 9,600mi on my 350Z

I am debating on whether or not I should put off the TSB NTB03006 for "2003 350Z; Tire Road Noise When Braking" until my 12 months / 12,000 miles are almost up for the following reasons:

A) If Nissan comes out with any new fixes for the problem later on (save time)
B) Get more use out of the current tires (save $)
C) Guarantee front tire replacement, due to extreme wear.

Part of me wants to get get it fixed. The rumbling is making me insane!!! Can this suspension problem cause long-term damage to the frame if it is not addressed ... or does it just chew up expensive performance tires?

Last edited by bkusnir; 12-10-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM
AmyCroft

Default Proverb

He who hesitates is lost..

You were able to hear the problem early enough.

Place a claim now - the Dealer will just swap the tires right and left.... Then you will hear the problem again, but in less number of miles. Put a claim in. Tires should be replaced...
Third time is Lemon Law. Document all calls to NNA and Dealer.

Many NNA rep's can be helpful. Some are not mechanically inclined, and should not be there. Talk to supervisor.

Count on non Nissan company to solve problem. Buy that solution.

Cheers Amy -
Old 12-11-2003, 09:42 AM
mark350

I just had mine done at 3600 miles...I'm just waiting to see if Nissans fix actually cured this problem or if I will be back in a few months demanding new tires.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:57 AM
zzzya

I found that calling NNA and talking to my dealership made it all happen, new tires and fixed alignment. I have not had any problems since, 3000 miles. I think the key was that my dealership did not have the proper equipment to fix the alignment, so the car was sent to a local alignment shop, that is suppose to be the best in the area, and they found some issues with the alignment that they fixed, toe was way off I believe. If you wait, you may get screwed, but I can understand your hesitation. Having new tires on the car and the alignment issue fixed was like driving a new car though. The road noise was so loud I didn't even realise just how bad until the new tires were put on.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:42 PM
350z03

Default Re: Putting off NTB03006? (Tire Road Noise When Braking)

Originally posted by bkusnir
I have 9,600mi on my 350Z

I am debating on whether or not I should put off the TSB NTB03006 for "2003 350Z; Tire Road Noise When Braking" until my 12 months / 12,000 miles are almost up for the following reasons:

A) If Nissan comes out with any new fixes for the problem later on (save time)
B) Get more use out of the current tires (save $)
C) Guarantee front tire replacement, due to extreme wear.

Part of me wants to get get it fixed. The rumbling is making me insane!!! Can this suspension problem cause long-term damage to the frame if it is not addressed ... or does it just chew up expensive performance tires?
You are a fool if you haven't already tried to get the TSB. Even if you did, you will probably get your tires by the time your 12k miles are up. Trust me, the dealership will want to push it back as much as possible, and if all goes well for them, you get nothing at all. Just ask the other frustrated Z owners.

I filed mine at 2500 and didn't get it till 11K...Man, now that I think back on it, 6 months of hell. Should have sued.