Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Problems starting (P0345)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 AM
TheSyn3rgist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems starting (P0345)

So my car randomly started having problems starting during the past week. Occasionally it will take 4 or 5 seconds to start where as it only took 1 to 2 seconds in the past, if that. When it finally starts it throws 2 or 3 P0345 codes. I searched on here and determined it was either the Cam Position Sensor on the back of the heads on the driver's side or the Crank Position Sensor on the bell housing. I swapped both of these and it still won't start correctly. If the car does start up in 1 or 2 seconds now, it will run fine, then stumble really bad (cut power like the engine turned off) and then the RPMs will kick back up and run normally for the rest of the drive.

The only thing that I've done recently is flashed the ECU with the base map from Osiris so that I can get an ETune. That was a a week before this started happening. Also, it has been raining like crazy here and I was stuck driving on the highway a few times with other cars kicking up a decent amount of water.

EDIT: If I clear the P0345 codes right away, the engine will die immediately and throw P1084. Also, I installed the JWT clutch and flywheel a few weeks ago, but I doubt that's the problem because it worked perfectly after the install for at least 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by TheSyn3rgist; 07-20-2011 at 09:01 AM.