Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

G35 - Startup Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 PM
tunerpike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 - Startup Issues

Whats up Guys....

Figured I would post here as you guys seem alittle more knowledgable then the people over at g35driver...

Anyways my damn car (04 6 speed coupe) want start, so here is the story up to this point....

A few months ago I was getting ready to head to the beach and checked the oil. Noticed it a little low, so I put about 1/2qt of 15-40 synthetic left over from my 1983 280zxt. Got a little down the road and the check engine light came on, figured that it was possibly because of the oil so I kept going....

During the trip, I noticed the car had some power loss... I fugured the cam postion sensor picked up on the thicker oil and maybe pulled some timing...

When I got home I changed the oil and it seemed better....pulled the codes and it was bank 1 and 2 over advance or something... This was about 3 months ago, been preoccupied building my Syclone. Drove the car here and there until it got to where it would barely pull a hill in my neiborhood on the way home one night, it would buck around 2500 rpm. So I replace both cam position sensors, clean the maf and I went for a drive down the start and it ran great... no check engine light or nothing...

Later on that day I was on my way to a friends house and the chech engine light came back on then it started loosing power... it would hardly pull itself, I pulled over and shut off and let it sit for a few. Crank it and seems better, get about a mile down the road and looses power.... pull back over.... decide I better turn around and try to make it home.... start it up runs fine for about a mile, same thing... looses power, pull over kill it, try to start, want start.... have it towed home.... This was about a month and a half ago....

Get a itch to drive the G... goto the dealer and get a crank position sensor.. install it and it still want crank....damnit.

Next day I am i little pissed....I find myself typing in a 350z forum for opinions on what it may be....

FYI..
I believe it maybe the anti theft system, my injector are not firing. Is there anyway I can check this circuit... ohm it out etc...

I would really apprectiate any input/ideas. Thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

errr won't right?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
DB350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might won't to check the spark plugs maybe? fp?