Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 AM
jmrub06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Issues

Can anyone help me figure out whats going on with my clutch?

I have a 2005 35th anniversary manual transmission Z with about 75,000 miles on it. When I engaged the clutch to start the car it made this awful grinding noise almost as if I was grinding the starter but when I let off the clutch the noise stopped. When I engaged the clutch again the grinding noise came back and I noticed that my battery voltage shot up also. So I turned my car off, turned in back on and the noise went away. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here? I researched this online and I think I may be having issue with the clutch throwout bearing. Just thought I would ask if anyone else has had this issue with their Z.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
jbrow206

Originally Posted by jmrub06
Can anyone help me figure out whats going on with my clutch?

I have a 2005 35th anniversary manual transmission Z with about 75,000 miles on it. When I engaged the clutch to start the car it made this awful grinding noise almost as if I was grinding the starter but when I let off the clutch the noise stopped. When I engaged the clutch again the grinding noise came back and I noticed that my battery voltage shot up also. So I turned my car off, turned in back on and the noise went away. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here? I researched this online and I think I may be having issue with the clutch throwout bearing. Just thought I would ask if anyone else has had this issue with their Z.

Thanks
Hey,

I have an 08 350z and I feel like have the same issue. When my foot is on the clutch and the clutch is pushed down there is no noise at all however when I let off the clutch you can here a rattling noise like something is rubbing or grinding. It is not horribly loud but it is a concern. The car only has 17,000 miles on it and when i take it to nissan they say that it is a normal noise to be coming from the Z however i feel like they are trying to screw me over since my warranty runs out in november. Have you every heard of this problem or have any advice?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 PM
konrad

sounds like throw out bearings is fried, lets hope the pressure plate is not damaged