Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Couple questions... seatbelt, dash, grab handles

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:04 PM
LiveAndLearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions... seatbelt, dash, grab handles

Just got this 08, it was a lease, so it was taken care of pretty well, but I think it was driven by a FEMALE and she has left traces of sexy smelling perfume, and fingernail scratches on the center door flipper up button, and the door panels. I know both of these things are really common for repainting, but am getting multiple reviews on prep work, and paint products used. I am wanting to keep the texture of the center console, just needs to be painted to keep it from scratching more. And the door handles need to be sanded and painted.

a. What kind of primer/paint/ clearcoat(if any) do I use?
b. Gloss/SemiGloss/Flat? What is the orig finish?

Second, I have a seatbelt issue. When my mom drives this car, the seatbelt cuts into her neck. because the is short and has to pull the seat pretty far forward. The little adjuster that is on there seems to only click into two different places. Are these the only two adjustments to the seatbelt that can be made? Or can this thing come off? It might be better for her, not sure.

Thirdly, her fabric seat is showing some wear. The previous female owner must have had a nice ***, because there is one spot on this seat that is pretty worn from *** rubbing entry... What can I do to keep this from getting worse?

Thanks guys, glad to be a new Z owner.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man,do a search on the interior scratches and refinishing options.Seems like there is a weekly post on this topic.Seems that whatever option to refinish you choose,you may
have trouble blending the repaired area with the rest of the material that is not damaged.
On the seat fraying,people have a habit of how they get in& out of a car.Thats what
causes this stuff.Since your seat are of a woven material not leather,I'd use some glue suited for fabric(clear of course),work it in to the fraying material and just press down.
It may be a bit stiff in that area,but this will stop the damage.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
LiveAndLearn

Originally Posted by JCITY
Man,do a search on the interior scratches and refinishing options.Seems like there is a weekly post on this topic.Seems that whatever option to refinish you choose,you may
have trouble blending the repaired area with the rest of the material that is not damaged.
On the seat fraying,people have a habit of how they get in& out of a car.Thats what
causes this stuff.Since your seat are of a woven material not leather,I'd use some glue suited for fabric(clear of course),work it in to the fraying material and just press down.
It may be a bit stiff in that area,but this will stop the damage.
Thank you. I will def work on the seats.

As for the interior paint, im just having issues with what kind of paint to use. to prime or not to prime and use krylon fusion? Im just having a hard time deciding which products to buy.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...scratches.html
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM
LiveAndLearn

any more ideas on preventing this fabric from getting worse?