Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Air bag help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012 | 06:03 PM
Z10

Default Air bag help

Ive got a 2008 hr and I was wrecked in march the drivers air bag deployed. Today I got an airbag pulled from what I remember a 2005 z but after reconnecting it the horn won't work obviously I have to reset the module but the horn should work anyway right ? My dad does a lot of body and salvage vehicle cars. He said that it might be that some piece idk remember what exactly might be broken I checked the horns but the show no sign of damage from the impact pls help with any suggestions!
Old 08-29-2012 | 06:11 PM
Z_enthusiast

When air bags pop there are many things that need to be replaced for the whole system to work properly. Obiously the bags that popped and any locked seat belts, if steering wheel bag popped then youll need the steering wheel clock spring, and new air bag sensors, and the air bag control module. if these arent replaced things arent going to work properly or youll def have a light on. Good Luck!
Old 08-29-2012 | 07:14 PM
Z10

What do you mean clock spring?
Another thing before the accident I disconsconected the passenger seat for clean up and d light came on why?
Old 08-30-2012 | 05:56 PM
zeroaccessinc

I have stock OEM horns if you want them 50 bux lol..
Old 08-30-2012 | 06:49 PM
Z_enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z10
What do you mean clock spring?
Another thing before the accident I disconsconected the passenger seat for clean up and d light came on why?
Clock spring is basically a round spring that are your wires for the airbag... when you discnonnect/reconnect your air bag on steering wheel your unplugging it from the clockspring. just imagine if it was a solid wire through steering wheel, when u turn the wheel the wire would twist and break. well with the clock spring wires it allows the movement and when bag pops the clips/plugs for the bag melt or sometimes they are fine but the wires inside the clockspring are bad... and the seatbelt light is bc your bags only go off on the side that someone is sitting on. so if your seat/seatbelt isnt reading a signal then it throws a flag in the airbag module. so the seatbelts are definatly tied into the airbag system. its a very complex system...