Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Revving Wide Open after Throttle Body install

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:56 PM
johnnyzcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revving Wide Open after Throttle Body install

I have just installed a new maxima throttle body and when I start it it revs like its wide open then goes into fail safe mode and wont rev past 3000. How this whole thing started was my car started shutting off randomly and after reading codes it said TPS etc and I ordered the new throttle body. So after putting it on and it revving I still code tps pps codes. I also have tried the relearn several times with no change in behavior. I have also installed the pedal sensor and that didnt fix it either. So basically when I start the car it revs wide open and of course I turn the key off before it gets to high and by that point its in fail safe mode. I even switched back to the old throttle body and it does the same thing. I am at a loss and about to start checking the wiring.

Any ideas??
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
cudaben

have u checked the TPS itself?

or does the TPS come with the TB?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 AM
johnnyzcar

Ok I fixed the problem. This is probably a rare occurrence to say the least. I originally thought the TPS/ Throttle body was the problem as my SES light came on about 3 months ago and my ECM went into safe mode. I ran the OBD codes and it said TPS like 1122 or whatever it was. I replaced the throttle body with the bigger Maxima body. At this point the car would not even start. After replacing the Pedal sensor did nothing I decided to check the ECM and figured it was bad. When I pulled the ECM out to get the part number from it I looked from below the dash and saw several wires chewed through. UGH a critter got in there and made a meal out of my wires. So after splicing the wires back together its perfect now. I was pulling my hair out over this and have no idea why the squirrel o rat or whatever decided to ruin my day.

Anyway Im back up and running now.