Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Front Driver Side Squeaking Noise!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 AM
oiyitsc4ry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Driver Side Squeaking Noise!?!

What is this weird noise coming from my driver side wheel well...I just rolled my front fenders the other day. I don't think that should be why though. The noise only occurs in the driver side wheel well and only occurs when I pop it into neutral or cruise. When I brake though, it stops. So I'm guessing it could be a worn bearing or something. Please, comments and input is encouraged. I don't know if this is normal or if this should be taken care of immediately. LMK asap please. Here's a video of it btw. Text me for a better response! Thanks. 3108186785 MY name is Cary.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:40 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

It sounds like you've got a rubbing issue somewhere in the drivetrain. It doesn't sound like a bearing to me as that would present as more of a grinding/grumbling metallic noise, this almost (except for the rhythmic nature of it) sounds like the noise you'd get from shot drop links but as I say that's not as rhythmic as the noise your Z is making. I'd check all bushes and shafts just to see if anything is hanging up on something. Good luck with it.