Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Rear A/T Transmission Problem HELP!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 05:36 PM
modenaplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear A/T Transmission Problem HELP!!!

Hello everyone,

I have had my 2006 Nissan 350z automatic Enthusiast model for about 2 years from 2012.

Car was in flawless condition when i bought it. It had 67,000 miles on it.

Now I have about 95,000 miles.

I've got into 2 accidents. First was hitting the curb and messing up the front alignment.

2nd was just about 3-4 months ago when I crashed into 2 cars.
The rear frame bent. I didn't really know but the transmission and other things were damaged too when I crashed.

I got the car back for about a week just last week and I noticed that the rear transmission was not working properly.

Basically whenever I put the gear into Rear, the car would not move at all but only rev into higher rpm range. So in order to move the car I had to rev the engine to like 5-6 rpm and then the car would suddenly move.
I would of course smell the transmission burning... Oh god...

So finally last week I decided to take the car to my mechanic to find out exactly what the problems are.

So he told me that the rear transmission need to be replaced. Engine Mount need to be replaced. And Radiator needed to be replaced too.

So the thing is that I have a silver extended nissan warranty. My mechanic is the one talking to the warranty company in order to get the transmission approved.

Costs:
-Transmission will cost about $2,000

-Engine Mount: I'm not so sure but when I googled it its about $50

-Radiator: I'm thinking of changing it to "NISSAN 350Z Z33 G35 SKYLINE DUAL CORE HIGH CAPACITY 2-ROW COOLING RADIATOR" http://www.protuninglab.com/ra-350z-g35-2.html
$142.99

My mechanic is out of country but is coming back this coming week. I will be finding out if the warranty company will be paying for it or not this coming week also.

So of course the reason why I'm here is to ask you guys what am I suppose to do when the rear gear doesn't work? Everything else works fine. I have an automatic transmission so gears from 1-5 work flawlessly. Its really just the rear transmission. I never had any other problems until now.

Please let me know what my options are. I am now discussing it with my dad since he's a cosigner. If I have to pay $2,000 for the transmission I'm gonna have to just sell the car and I really really really don't want that to happen. I love my car.

Thanks for all your help I won't forget it!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:52 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Since this appears to be crash damage, I would think your insurance company would take care of the repairs. I can't imagine a warranty company paying for repairs resulting from a crash.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:53 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

it's not rear transmission... it's reverse.