Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Low & High Beam Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 03:06 PM
DeeCryme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low & High Beam Headlights?

I got a 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Automatic and the headlights keep cutting off on the highway at night which is very dangerous for me to drive because I have a hard time seeing.

Can someone please provide me with links for the right side high beam bulb?

And also both the low beam bulbs?

I am having a hard time finding a replacement. Im trying to stay with the same projector style look of my current bulbs but they keep cutting off on me causing me to switch the lights on & off real quick at night. Or purposely going over a bump in hopes that the light will come back on.

The high beam light on the right side won't come on at all so I know I have to replace that for sure. As for the two low beams I'm not exactly sure why they keep cutting off on me when I go over bumps.

I'm assuming its a bulb issue and not a ballast or a wiring issue? Not sure if anybody has or had this problem, any solutions?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:25 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

It's likely not a bulb, and no one is going to diagnose our car remotely. Luckily the car has two headlights, so you can switch components side for side. For example, if you switch the ballasts, and the problem follows the ballast, that;s your problem. Check the wiring connectors for tightness and corrosion, abrasions/shorts, loose grounds, etc. If both side go dark at the same time, it may be a loose fuse, or bad switch.