Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Total loss question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
AboutTreeFiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total loss question.

Sorry if this is a little long, but Recently I was in a wreck. I was going about 25 mph and there was this woman in a 07-08 Camaro and she wasn't paying attention and she just drove past a stopped sign and before I knew it she clipped me. I spun maybe 3-4 times, but felt for forever. Only God knows how fast she was going because she was flying. Well anyway. She tore her whole front bumper off. It is completely destroyed, it looked like bumblebee from the autobots got into a fight with Megatron and lost. But my car looked fine, only minor damage on the exterior, or so I thought. But now that I'm really paying attention to it, My bumper needs replacing my antenna is broken, and the radio signal goes in and out, paint is chipped, something came off my car atop from where my front tire is, and my rear wheel is bent. To me I immediatly thought there was frame damage because if I straighten my steering wheel the car drifts to the right and if I put my steering wheel left a few inches the car goes straight. If I go pass 50 mph there's this loud whining noise that's coming from my rear tire and then I smell burnt rubber. On the inside of my car my driver window won't come down and my brakes Don't function like they usually do. I checked under my car and there's something rubbing against my tire and two metal objects are touching against each other. Also, when my hood is closed the side of my hood is up by a couple of centimeters. Okay so today, I tried to take it to an auto body repair to get an estimate, and the woman who worked there was telling me that my car has no frame and that it is a unibody, and she said all I needed was an alignment and everything is good to go. I also told her that my window won't come down and she claimed that it was my window lock being on. I told her it wasn't and she said that there are no wires where she hit me that should have an affect on my window, and she said that window wiring should only be in the front, but I know for a fact that the wreck is the reason why my window won't come down. She added everything up not even counting mechanical damage and my window and antenna and radio frequency and there was a total of only 4.1k. Is this right? Because it doesn't seem right to me to be honest. Because this woman claimed to be in the business for about 25 years. They also said that my car is fixable but I don't want to drive anything that has frame damage. I also heard that if there is frame damage on a car it is a guarantee total. Is this also true? My car is an 05.

Last edited by AboutTreeFiddy; 04-08-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Ohhhh...We need some paragraphs before attempting a reply.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 PM
AboutTreeFiddy

Originally Posted by Spike100
Ohhhh...We need some paragraphs before attempting a reply.
Dead.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM
AboutTreeFiddy

Originally Posted by Spike100
Dead is what we wanted from you... so thank you.
Rip. Really don't understand why you're so booty tickled. It was just a question.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,106 Likes on 6,561 Posts

how the hell are we supposed to know, we can't physically inspect the car. if you don't like what her insurance is saying, get a second opinion. i am sure there is more to the story on the wreck, but whatever

btw, helluva first post.... my guess is you just recently got the car also
Old 04-08-2016, 04:08 PM
AboutTreeFiddy

Originally Posted by travlee
how the hell are we supposed to know, we can't physically inspect the car. if you don't like what her insurance is saying, get a second opinion. i am sure there is more to the story on the wreck, but whatever

btw, helluva first post.... my guess is you just recently got the car also
Lol. I had it for 3 years. She was getting off of a ramp and driving into an intersection. She drove pass a stop sign and yield sign to merge and that's where she hit me. But this my first post because it's the weekend and no other shops open till Monday so I can't get another estimate. This is also my first wreck. I gave that full description because I'm asking for opinions on her estimate if it's good or not considering that many things are messed up with my car. And where else to post about 350Z's on the Internet than this place. And it wasn't her insurance, I went to an auto body shop. My insurance says I'm good either way it goes.

Last edited by AboutTreeFiddy; 04-08-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:15 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

So you know nothing about cars but want to argue someone who does it for a living? I bet youre also one of those kids who thinks they know everything and is never wrong...