Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Hard to Start, Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:15 PM
DKMacho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to Start, Rough Idle

So this has been a pain. My problems started a week ago, while my car was parked but on I got thrown a code. Checked it and got p0507, high idle. It wasn't too much to bother me but i found my intake (oem) was loose. I tightened it back on cleared the code and did the idle relearn procedure. No code since.

One week later i noticed i had a cracked tire and i riskfully drove to my house to pick something up.As i tried to leave i had a hard time starting it. As it did start the idle was all over the place. At some point almost dying out. I drove it to the nearest shop and it wouldn't start back up after shutting it off. When the front desk clerk gave it a go he got it to start, but barely. They first gave me a fresh battery (which i knew wasn't the problem) and of course it didn't fix it. They then tried a maf sensor, still barely any better. At this point i was done with this shop and they told me it was a clogged catalytic converter, but after speaking with an exhaust shop they didn't think that's the problem. I cleaned out the intake manifold and the idle is better but still not 100%. There's still a hard time starting it.

I haven't gotten any codes but i will check again. My car is an 05 with 130k miles on it. If you guys have an idea what it could be please help! Thank you.

Edit: A lot of times when i try to start it would crank but not start up, when it did start it would seem weak. The original shop did a start system check and a "full diagnostic" including compression test. They reset the ECU too.

Last edited by DKMacho; 03-01-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:39 PM
DKMacho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. Tried to get it home from the shop. And it died out on me

just got thrown a p0171 code, bank 1 too lean. Any ideas please? I don't want to take it to the dealer and go broke for a fix i could've done myself. Cause mechanics here seem to be cheap and not do the job right.

Last edited by DKMacho; 03-01-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

take it to nissan and spend the hundred bucks on a proper diagnosis. nobody will be able to accurately troubleshoot your car from behind a keyboard