Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Car won't turn over after replacing gaskets. Need some advice or insight

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Josch0034

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car won't turn over after replacing gaskets. Need some advice or insight

History of the car
2003 Nissan 350z 6 speed.

Had ad a few small problems that I fixed in the past one being a battery that kept randomly loosing power I ended up getting some tighter battery clamps and it solved that problem. Also car died while driving and so I changed both cam sensors and crank sensor ( new oem replacement) and it solved that issue.

i was driving and noticed low oil pressure at idle after the car had. Wen driven a little . So I stopped driving the car and figured it was the oil gallery gaskets. Tore down the motor opened up and replaced the oil gallery gaskets as well as the other small ins and outs that are involved the front timing chain cover. As we were putting it back together decided to clean up the front cover and discoverd a crack that went from the front crank cover seal and across noticed that this was probably my reason for low oil pressure and loss of oil.so we replaced this with a new oem one. So we go to put everything back together. And now the car will crank but it won't turn over. It sounds almost like it wants to but just can't. Buddy of mine says that it's getting no spark as well as the injectors. I put the old cam sensors and crank back in thinking it might of been this but nothing still. I thought it might of been a bad wife because we had spilled some coolant on the driver side cam sensor on accident. Only new thing we added on the car was a z1 plenum spacer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. And I have a video of the start up I'll try to upload.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:41 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

ground wire??

that sux. good luck
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Josch0034

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

problem solved timing was off