Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Floor jack point for front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Odunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor jack point for front end

The spot marked yellow a good/safe spot? You have to click it and soon I'm. I'm trying to get to o2 sensor upstream on the passenger side. Man its like wrestling a bear. I even got a special socket and breaker bar.
Attached Thumbnails Floor jack point for front end-zunderjps.jpg  

Last edited by Odunn; 04-06-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:45 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Odunn
The spot marked yellow a good/safe spot? You have to click it and soon I'm. I'm trying to get to o2 sensor upstream on the passenger side. Man its like wrestling a bear. I even got a special socket and breaker bar.
Single jack points F&R: Under the diff for rear, center of K-member front. I think that's what's on your pic so yes, that's correct.
The following users liked this post:
Odunn (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 04:03 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Call me nervous about this practice, but "wrestling bears" and single jack points, just don't mix. If anything is unsteady, I want two/four jack stands in the designated spots on both sides of the chassis before I apply any type of breaker bar.
The following 3 users liked this post by dkmura:
carbuffguy (04-06-2017), MicVelo (04-06-2017), Odunn (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Odunn

Originally Posted by dkmura
Call me nervous about this practice, but "wrestling bears" and single jack points, just don't mix. If anything is unsteady, I want two/four jack stands in the designated spots on both sides of the chassis before I apply any type of breaker bar.
Ya I'm extremely paranoid but I have the Jack stands and chok block and I leave the jack in place eased off just in case.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:50 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
You know what they say about "assume", David.

I made that jackstand assumption here. Bad me!!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Yea don't lift by your oil pan...

I just noticed on my Z even after I told my buddy do not lift it from my oil pan he jacked the car up by the oil pan... It's now dented and concaved.

Hopefully I can hammer this sht back out and not have to go buy a whole new god dam pan....

I was wondering how he got it jacked up so fast while I was getting to tools from my garage
Old 04-07-2017, 05:58 AM
Odunn

Originally Posted by CK_32
Yea don't lift by your oil pan...

I just noticed on my Z even after I told my buddy do not lift it from my oil pan he jacked the car up by the oil pan... It's now dented and concaved.

Hopefully I can hammer this sht back out and not have to go buy a whole new god dam pan....

I was wondering how he got it jacked up so fast while I was getting to tools from my garage
No not the pan, that little black area where the rods or whatever come together between the wheels, circles in yellow. Although I have a low profile jack I put one jack stand on the side front so I can get to the marked spot.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

The two post lift points on that car are not in the correct place the yellow area you have circled are the correct front and rear jack points.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:59 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I use the front engine cradle... Have jack stands under the tow loops, and put wooden supports under the tires...

Also throw an extra wheel with tire under their with me as a last line of defense.

Havent died from crushing yet..

Those maifold 02 sensors suck my ***... I used an 02 stubby with a 8 inch extension an adapter and the breaker bar...

Good luck getting it unclipped. Thats also a *****.