Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Vibration to gas pedal after Plenum spacer install

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Z-olaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration to gas pedal after Plenum spacer install

After installing my plenum spacer and my Invidia N1 exhaust my ride sounds a lot better, but it now vibrates the gas pedal. Nothing violent just a minor nuisance. Any ideas?
Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 PM
irbullet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this relates exactly as I have an actual plenum and not just the spacer, but when I did the plenum I had to do a throttle body relearn and all of those procedures as well as I had to install spacers for the strut bar as when I turned or used gas the plenum would slightly touch the strut bar and caused slight vibration throughout the car.
The following users liked this post:
Z-olaf (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Z-olaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irbullet
Not sure if this relates exactly as I have an actual plenum and not just the spacer, but when I did the plenum I had to do a throttle body relearn and all of those procedures as well as I had to install spacers for the strut bar as when I turned or used gas the plenum would slightly touch the strut bar and caused slight vibration throughout the car.
Thanks for the reply. Over the last week the vibration has gone away. I believe it was just the plenum touching the strut bar.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 AM
trusovici

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

mine rubbed the strut bar after install. i increased the tension on the strut bar and that seemed to raise it just a bit. noise is gone.