Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

License plate light fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Rashad92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate light fuse

Does anyone know where the license plate light fuse is? My license plate light and parking lights don't work. Everything else such as my brake lights and indicators work. I found the taillight fuse but tested it and it works... Is there any other fuses that run in that circuit?

The car is a 2008 350z
Old 07-08-2017, 06:57 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Unfortunately it's not in the owners manual, so if it's not indicated in the fuse box cover you have to download the factory service manual and find it that way.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Theminatar

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I went the extra mile just for you and broke out my book and even made it dummy proof for you:

Wiring Diagram
Spoiler

Fuse Box Location
Spoiler

Video showing where the fuse box is located
Spoiler

Last edited by Theminatar; 07-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rashad92 (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Rashad92

Hey thanks for the reply!!

I had to pull the "taillight fuse" which was hidden underneath the battery cover. So I had to remove all the plastic covers to see the third fuse next to the battery. My friend used his multi-meter yesterday to test the fuse and it showed that it was working... Today, I decided to pull the fuse just to see it and it was in fact BLOWN. I replaced with another 10a and VOILA! My parking lights and license plate light all worked again!

Weird thing is... The multi-meter showed that it was receiving power... Lesson learned, NEVER TRUST THE MULTI-METER! PULL THE FUSE!

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Rashad92

Hey thanks for the reply!!

I had to pull the "taillight fuse" which was hidden underneath the battery cover. So I had to remove all the plastic covers to see the third fuse next to the battery. My friend used his multi-meter yesterday to test the fuse and it showed that it was working... Today, I decided to pull the fuse just to see it and it was in fact BLOWN. I replaced with another 10a and VOILA! My parking lights and license plate light all worked again!

Weird thing is... The multi-meter showed that it was receiving power... Lesson learned, NEVER TRUST THE MULTI-METER! PULL THE FUSE!

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-08-2017, 01:05 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I bought some spare fuses for my wife's Acura, and the package claims the blown fuse will light up. Haven't checked them out, yet, but that would make replacing.one a hell of a lot easier. In 9 years I haven't blown one in my Z, but the Acura had some weird fuse in the alternator circuit that made us get a new alternator.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Theminatar

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
I bought some spare fuses for my wife's Acura, and the package claims the blown fuse will light up. Haven't checked them out, yet, but that would make replacing.one a hell of a lot easier. In 9 years I haven't blown one in my Z, but the Acura had some weird fuse in the alternator circuit that made us get a new alternator.
I've seen those and often thought about buying them when I had my truck. My truck was known for the wires causing shortings and it would blow fuses like crazy.