Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Hr owners help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Siqcology

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hr owners help

I recently got into a accident with my 07 HR. The whole front is gone but the motor is good. Just my long tubes and MAFs got destroyed and my coolant outlet on the front broke off.

i plan on getting a 07-08 shell with some damage to none so I can revive the car.

This is is my first time swapping a motor, but what would I need from my old car besides the motor, trans, cluster and wiring harness with the ECU?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:10 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

no
https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...l#post10915880
Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Siqcology
I recently got into a accident with my 07 HR. The whole front is gone but the motor is good. Just my long tubes and MAFs got destroyed and my coolant outlet on the front broke off.

i plan on getting a 07-08 shell with some damage to none so I can revive the car.

This is is my first time swapping a motor, but what would I need from my old car besides the motor, trans, cluster and wiring harness with the ECU?

Thanks in advance.
Don't double post.

Do not swap clusters! While the act is not illegal it must be followed with the proper documentation and procedure otherwise it will be considered odometer tampering. Odometer mileage is on the chassis not the motor.

Realistically you only need to swap the broken parts. Only buy a shell that matches your current transmission! You may need to reprogram the ECU and BCM if you don't swap them.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Hopefully, you realize that (besides all the other good advice here) buying a HR powered Z from a junkyard usually means you'll get a salvage title with it. You'll never get full resale value out of it and may have issues obtaining insurance as well.

If your first post is accurate and you really only damaged the front end, why not simply repair the Z? If you've left out some critical details (like the entire car was totaled and you failed to get full coverage insurance), your best course of action may be to simply part it out the best you can. You may end up throwing good money into a deep hole after the bad. Better to learn your lesson and move on, particularly if you don't have the garage, tools and expertise to do this.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I hate to use this, but...