Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

350z dorman 752-060 window reg+motor

Old 04-23-2018, 06:27 PM
OD1N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z dorman 752-060 window reg+motor

Hi Guys,

Both my windows on my 350Z 2003 have stopped working. I pulled the door a part and cleaned the motors and it worked for a few months. Now they are pretty much rooted and I need new ones. They have also destroyed the regulator plastic where the motor turns.

I called Nissan and they quoted me $2500 (AUD) for 2 x new motor and regulator. Then was quoted half that from the wreckers.

I did a bit of searching online and found this Dorman 752-060 and 752-061. On ebay I have found them selling for about $500 for both. Has anyone used these and if so did it fit and work well?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 PM
vegasanthony

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I replace both my 03 motors with doorman one work great one was a little touchy but still worked I think that's a bit overpriced on eBay better shop again
Old 04-24-2018, 09:21 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

The Dorman window motors are terrible. They are pretty much guaranteed to break after a couple of years. But then again *ahem* so are the ridiculously-overpriced OEM parts. Since you're screwed either way, just go with the cheaper alternative. You can get even cheaper window motors from Amazon for about $50 USD a piece that are basically the same quality as the Dormans.

It's highway robbery what they charge you guys in Australia. I was in Perth the other month and my brother in law was getting a CEL, so I suggested he get a scan tool and the cheapest one we could find in a brick and mortar store was over $200 AUD.

You can get a cheap one over here for around $30 USD.

I'm assuming you've seen the 33-page thread in this [LINK] dedicated to this issue.

What part of Australia are you from?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:11 PM
OD1N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for letting me know guys! I will probably go with the Doorman one now It look's a lil more reliable than the other dodgey ones on ebay. I'll have a hunt around and see if i can find a better price.

Yeah that's the thread I originally went to fix them with. It only helped prolong them for a few months tho. I think the problem is the actuall bushes.

I've pulled apart both doors about 4 times now. Its so time consuming. I just want the last time to actually work for a long time 😅 2 years is plenty for me as I am thinking of getting a 370z soon.

Yeah prices are pretty ridiculous for some Aussie stuff. I had to get a new starter motor a few years back and no dealer could source me one. I went to Nissan dealership and they wanted something ridiculous like 1800 AUD
I ended up buying one of ebay for 200. It actually didn't end up fitting! But luckly it turned out okay because I had a mate who helped me use the parts from the new one to make the old one work !