Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Fuse box diagram request

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:14 PM
maui1girl

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fuse box diagram request

Hello amazing mechanically inclined people of the 350z forum!

My passenger side low beam headlight has crapped out. I've searched the forums but haven't been able to find my answer.

I've replaced the low beam light with the D2R ($92 at O'Reilleys) and no luck. Checked the fuses under in the footwell on the driver's side, nothing mentions the headlights, but I diligently pulled each of them and they are all good.

I located the fuse box next to the battery under the hood, they all look fine as well, but there are several relays to the left that I can't identify. SO - it seems that I could benefit from getting a diagram of what exactly it is that I'm looking at OR Maybe some expert advice from y'all

Disclaimer -
1) YES I have the fender well plastics
2) The headlight itself recently started getting moisture inside of it.
3) The D2R bulb I pulled out was for sure burnt out.
THANK YOU!!!!
Jessica

Last edited by maui1girl; 06-23-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:48 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

Jessica,

Lots of possibilities but there are a couple easy things to check first. The moisture or something else may have caused the PS ballast to go out. Another smaller possibility is that the new bulb is no good, but the procedure to testing them would be the same.

To check the bulb, swap your new bulb into the DS to test it. If the bulb is good, try swapping the PS ballast with your DS ballast. If the PS lights up you know the ballast is the culprit.

Let me know if that doesn’t determine the issue and I can send you the wiring schematics from the FSM but it can be a little daunting troubleshooting the IPDM, BCM, and CPU.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:19 AM
maui1girl

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
Jessica,

Lots of possibilities but there are a couple easy things to check first. The moisture or something else may have caused the PS ballast to go out. Another smaller possibility is that the new bulb is no good, but the procedure to testing them would be the same.

To check the bulb, swap your new bulb into the DS to test it. If the bulb is good, try swapping the PS ballast with your DS ballast. If the PS lights up you know the ballast is the culprit.

Let me know if that doesn’t determine the issue and I can send you the wiring schematics from the FSM but it can be a little daunting troubleshooting the IPDM, BCM, and CPU.

Thanks, that did it, I've ordered the ballast and igniter and will keep you posted!