Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Help! Misfire!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 06:09 PM
Alex Riddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Misfire!

So I don’t even know if these forums are still used but I’m so lost I will try anything at this point. So for starters I was racing. Pushing my car pretty hard. At the top of third. My car just starts immediately sputtering and running so rough. But the check engine light didn’t blink so I didn’t think it was a misfire. I got it home and changed the spark plugs. Didn’t help anything. I then took the plenum off and replaced the valve cover gaskets and cleaned the plenum. When I put it all back together it started rough the same except it was misfiring way worse. From the start it was missing. Before it was just if I hit the gas harder than normal. So I used a scanner. And Evap Purge Solenoid code came up. And p0300 random multiple. So I bout new evap purge solenoid. And all new coil packs. Still starts up so rough and is misfiring. Could this be from me not switching the gaskets of the plenum? Is it fuel related? I’m guessing fuel bc I was blowing a little bit of smoke I have been and I threw a flame racing (I’m not tuned) so I kinda knew I was already running rich. And my spark plugs were blackened at the base so that’s another indication of running rich. Should I get new injectors? Would changing the fuel pressure damper help? Any help really needed. Sorry this explanation is so long. I tried giving as many details as possible.