Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window Button Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
nmilsaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Button Problem

Recently, my driver's side window will get stuck and not work. When I push the button, nothing happens. So I keep pushing or give it a little "love" tap and it seems to finally work. Is it in the switches? anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:28 PM
sarahbelle78

Default Re: Window Button Problem

YES! Except it's the passenger side. I began having problems shortly after installing new speakers. I am wondering if it may be related to the fact that the entire inside door panel had to be dismounted for the installation.

My window first started to gradually roll down upto 2 inches by itself. Tweaking with the window itself helped at first, then the button wouldn't respond intermittently and then it stopped all together. And the window dropped 3 inches besides, and wouldn't respond to anything.

I'm curious if others have the same problem. Have you heard anything?

Sarah

Originally posted by nmilsaps
Recently, my driver's side window will get stuck and not work. When I push the button, nothing happens. So I keep pushing or give it a little "love" tap and it seems to finally work. Is it in the switches? anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 AM
nmilsaps

It happens to me most of the times when I crack the window, roll it down about 2 inches. And leave it for about 10 minutes or so, then when I push the button to roll the window back up, it just won't work. I even tried one time from the outside with the key in the door to roll it up, but that wouldn't work either. My door panels were taken off for the grease streak window fix, so maybe that's the culprit. I'm thinking it's maybe something with the wiring for the button or the motor could be going bad.
I'll probably end up taking it to the dealership sometime. Let me know if you beat me to it.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:44 AM
mode101

Default Re: Re: Window Button Problem

Originally posted by sarahbelle78
YES! Except it's the passenger side. I began having problems shortly after installing new speakers. I am wondering if it may be related to the fact that the entire inside door panel had to be dismounted for the installation.

My window first started to gradually roll down upto 2 inches by itself. Tweaking with the window itself helped at first, then the button wouldn't respond intermittently and then it stopped all together. And the window dropped 3 inches besides, and wouldn't respond to anything.

I'm curious if others have the same problem. Have you heard anything?

Sarah
Do you think the nissan techs will see you installed speakers and cancel the warranty because they think that something was messed up during the install ?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:56 AM
nmilsaps

ever since i posted, my window seems to work now... Do our cars read these posts too?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:13 AM
nmilsaps

Finally took my car to the dealership... they are going to replace the motor for the window. I'll pick the car up later and let you know more.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:34 AM
nmilsaps

Update:
The window motor was sticking, needed to be replaced.
The part was something like: $280.
Out of pocket experience: $0
Covered under warranty: priceless