Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

window weather stripping wearing out/damaging

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:45 PM
boxsterkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window weather stripping wearing out/damaging

Has anyone noticed the trialing edge weather stripping on both windows tearing? I noticed mine a while back and both where replaced and now they are both ripped again. The trailing edge (open door , edge by door handle) is very thin at the end, the opening and closing of the window rub and create friction on the edge and tears/rips/split the weather stripping. I have recently noticed that the door edge/corner by the door handle is cutting into the weather stripping when it closes the edge has a hard black plastic piece on the upper edge. I guess Nissan didn't see this. Have seen all my Z problems on this site, but not sure anybody else has noticed or brought it up yet. I dont have a camara or else I would put an attachment(getting one soon) I hope my description helps. I'll have the dealer check it out, I wonder when the warrantee ends on these. Not making a big deal, but dont want to get motors replaced because of water damage, That would mean they would have to remove my door panels again (broken clips, door panel and control panel scratched and window left unaligned etc. etc.) I am a preorder 03 Z owner have had and still have all the Z problems too much to list. Check your Z. I LOVE MY Z HATE NISSAN SERVICE! Awaiting the GTR (if Nissan gets there head out of there ***)
Old 06-22-2004, 03:55 AM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with the weatherstripping. Its not too bad yet, but definitely would have to do something about it at some point.