Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Star Nissan = BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:19 PM
ZZZealous007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Star Nissan = BAD!!!

Ok, so I go to Star Nissan in Queens this morning to drop my car off for installation of parts. They assured me it will be done later today and they will call me. So I go home. Keep in mind I didnt go to work today since this needed to be taken care of. So im waiting for the call to pick up my car. Finally, I get frustrated and call them at 5:30pm. The guy picks up and puts me on wait for 7min. Then he asks for my service number. I give it to him and he puts me on wait AGAIN! Then i get trasferred to someone else. Accident? Now, again i have to give my service number. And wait. THen they tell me they have NO RECORD of my car!!! Now I start freaking out. So, they give the phone to the service rep. I spoke to this morning. He says he has no recollection of speaking to me. So then I give him specific things we spoke about. He says "ok yeah I know." THen he says let me see where your car is. Laughing in the background. Now Im thinking they are either phukin with me or they are a bunch of ********. He finally gets back to me and says. "Your car wasnt put into the system" I said why the hell not? HE replies "I was looking at a different report and your car never got entered!!!" Now im pissed!! I miss work all day just so these idiots could not do anything for my car. So I tell him I need to pick up my car NOW. He says the car is buried in the back of the garage and I cant pick it up!!!
Now I have no car for tomorrow. And I will have to figure out some sort of transportation to work.

What would you guys do in my situation? I also requested to speak to the manager but he wasnt there. DOnt worry he will hear it all first thing in the morning.

Just as a warning to all DONT GO TO STAR NISSAN
Old 07-14-2004, 04:25 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always go there for a oil change and they been good. But one time when they didnt know me there were 2 minor chips on the rear panel which they did. I complained about it and they denied it. So from now on I tell them to not **** around with the paint.
Anyway that sucks the way you got treated. Just make sure to tell them the service really sucks! You cant trust anyone these days.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
SandMan

For service I wouldn't trust anyone but Westbury Nissan. I been going to them for everything, plus they have a speedshop right next door called Performance Motorsport. It really is nice to have a mod friendly dealership. Dan is on this forum aka bluefish, if you need anything just PM him, he will take care of you.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
ZZZealous007

HEy thanks guys.

I think I will go to Westbury Nissan tomorrow. Do you know if they offer synthetic oil?

Star Nissan doesnt
Old 07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
SandMan

You might have to tell them you want mobil 1 or whatever you use. If you do go to Westbury talk to Andrew Rubio, he does all the installs for mods. And he does one hell of a job. But if you have any questions Dan Z is the man to speak with. You just tell him what you want and he will set everything up.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:00 PM
doofy

Been going to Star Nissan since my 2000 Maxima. Never had any problems with them.

So what's the name of your service rep so I know to stay away from him.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:04 PM
ZZZealous007

so i get a call from Star Nissan regarding my complaint. THey said that the reason why my car wasnt done was because i brought it in too late. That was total BS! I had actually brought my car in when they suggested. Around 11:00am. Once again I had to tell them the real story. I found out from the service rep(Hogan) that he never wrote my car up because he was looking at a different report!! He should have gotten a clue when i asked him 3 times about my sunvisor which i was informed had arrived. He told me 3 times back he doesnt know why they arent in and he had no clue why i got the yellow mail card regarding my visors. He also told me that they had the other part (sway bar) which I told him I never ordered. You would think any normal person would figure there is a serious discrepancy here and go over the entire report. But obviously these people are far from normal.

Anyway I went to westbury nissan. Other than the long wait for an oil change i was pleased. I wasted most of my time in Performance Motorsport. These guys are awesome. I got a briefing/tour of the shop and what they are about. I spoke to one of the guys there, his name is Bluefish on this board, he showed me his Z which was incredible. PE TT, UR pulleys, custom paint etc etc. I also got to see the project Z drag car. It looked awesome! And i got to see the new DYNO which they are currently setting up. To top it off I was offered some pizza which totally hit the spot. These guys rock! And from now on they will get my business.