Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Back Tires Worn to Steel Belt!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:42 AM
boma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Tires Worn to Steel Belt!!!!

Hi I got a Z at 24.5k miles I let the dealer work on it for the tire feathering issue. They adjusted the toe or whatever. now my alignment sucks. and it pulls hard to the right.

but anyways. I just found out last night that my rear tires have been worn down to the steel belt on the insides!!! Both rear tires!

I have not modified the car at all.

Will nissan fix this?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:23 PM
boxsterkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went in for the front feathering problem I looked at the Alignment Sheet and saw that the numbers where off on the rear tires too I told them about it and they said it was not covered but I put up a stint and told them it was a pre existing problem so them aligned them for free, but no tires. I asked if they were feathering and they said no that the rears have no toe adjustment that it was the caster that was off. I wonder if it was short changed. As far as for the warranty or dealer fix it only applies for the front tires. I knew I was not the only one I see that at 23k they will evenually show steel. For those that are getting new tries and alignment make you to get a copy and look at the numbers and if you don't know how to to read it asked for explanation on how to it's easy it has to be within a "Specified Range" it was only obvious by looking at the readings but they won't tell you unless you complain or make the concern.