Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Wheel misalignment after curb hit

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 09:02 AM
ebkalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel misalignment after curb hit

Last night I ran over a curb at a slight angle. I was taking a 90 degree turn and the roads were a little slick after raining all day. It all happend pretty fast and came unexpectedly. Basically what happend was the tail started pushing out a little to the left, putting the nose to the right as I made the turn and I overcorrected, putting the car towards the curb on the left side of the road.

The back right wheel is now misaligned probably by about an inch. Basically the bottom of the wheel/tire is pushed in, and the top pushed out. I noticec the sway bar (I think it is) is bent pretty drastically. What else might I have damaged to cause my wheel to misalign like this?

Sorry I don't have a camera to post pictures.

Thanks,

Eric.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:44 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are lucky, you only bent that arm. It is the black arm that is supposed to be slightly bent, but yours is bent much more then just a kink right? Can be seen from the back under the car. Also, The part is about $35 and it is very simple to replace. Your only other concerns are: Wheel is most likely bent out of shape a bit and I would check out that the wheel bearing has not been damaged. I had the same thing happen with both front and rear hitting ond only on the front did I need to replace the wheel bearing. The rear was just that arm and the wheel.