Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

leak!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:10 AM
SEzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry leak!

so i went to a car wash today before class and as i was sitting there i felt water dripping on my foot..... when they sprayer went full blast, it became a stream pouring all over my pedals! i don't know what caused it! i had a car wash the other day and that didn't happen!

any ideas?!?!?!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:56 PM
peterhong

Did you figure out what it was? I noticed you had a compustar alarm like myself and remember reading a post about bad seals due to aftermarket alarm installation. I too noticed a wet spot under my floor mat by the gas pedal after I had my car washed. Don't know if it came from under the car or from on top of the floor mat (from a leak,etc...). Checked today after driving a few miles, with and without AC on, and didn't notice any condensation. Just worried about another car wash or a rainy day, if the car will start flooding.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:15 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I took a brand new 1986 Renault Alliance (1985 Motortrend Car of the Year) to a non-contact spray car wash once.

Some idiot loaded the wrong soap chemical and what-ever it was, it removed the clearcoat and shine from the vehicle.

I have never gone to a car wash since.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:51 AM
SEzzz

Originally posted by jcn30127
I took a brand new 1986 Renault Alliance (1985 Motortrend Car of the Year) to a non-contact spray car wash once.

Some idiot loaded the wrong soap chemical and what-ever it was, it removed the clearcoat and shine from the vehicle.

I have never gone to a car wash since.

did you beat him? severely?

peterhong, yeah, It was dripping in from the hole that was drilled in the firewall by the installer of the alarm. Just put some sealent around it and now it's all good
Old 10-07-2004, 03:47 PM
peterhong

If i may ask, what kind of sealant did you use, and how big was the hole. I'll look under the steering panel to see if I have to seal any holes. What should I be looking for? When I did look under the steering panel, I can see where one wire travels through the rubber seal in the steering column (I assume this is the wire which connects the alarm to the siren), and I see 4 wires traveling through the right floor panel (right next to the gas pedal directly right of it). What exactly should I be sealing up. I'll try to take pictures to give you a better idea.