Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

A few pics from HIN Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
maximumsportZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick, I don't think Craig (taurran) really means anything. Just that when you come on here and say all the cars and scene in the south is garbage, raises a few eyebrows and is basically a slap to our faces.

His views of modifying his car might not be your views, thats where the conflict begins. I don't think we have to further this argument anymore.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
chuquison

Originally Posted by taurran
Oh Really?

So you expect me to be angry that the world famous Mr Rickdogg didn't take a pic of my car? I could really care less as I can take better pics of my own (and friends') cars with my eyes closed. I could also care less if you like my car or not, as I said before to each his own...

What I do care about is the fact that you've had your butt kissed a few too many times on these Z forums to think that your opinion matters enough to pass judgement on an entire state or region. And that being said, I called you on it. If you think you're some kind of Internet celebrity and you can say whatever you want about whoever you want, then you're wrong.

Also, you're full of it if you think Cali has faster cars based on the turnout of one rice infested HIN show. You should try visiting Sebring, Daytona, Moroso, Lakeland, Bradenton, or any of the other tracks where the "fast" cars frequent and tell me otherwise. I don't care what you say, Florida owns California in racing heritage hands down.

Besides, I know this goes back to the whole "left coast, best coast" mentality that I know EVERY native californian posesses. Arguing this point is like telling an LA resident the Lakers suck (but only on a winning season, of course).
like I said before im form the east coast you also say you were from the west coast, you should know this, and I see daytona as red neck racing my parents have a house there its all nascar I do agree with you on sebring I ran my integra there, morosso is straight, i do agree with one thing that in the east coast its all about drag not much auto x and if there is its not that great, i know this i have done the mazda speed events and again i have gone with troy too all these events im not trying to start a war but this is an opnion form someone who Is from the east coast and has gone to the west coast like getting teeth pulled and i can vouch for this
Old 07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
chuquison

i think the styles are just diffrent in both areas and they really can be compared, some have ups and some have downs
Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh Really?

So you expect me to be angry that the world famous Mr Rickdogg didn't take a pic of my car? I could really care less as I can take better pics of my own (and friends') cars with my eyes closed. I could also care less if you like my car or not, as I said before to each his own...

What I do care about is the fact that you've had your butt kissed a few too many times on these Z forums to think that your opinion matters enough to pass judgement on an entire state or region. And that being said, I called you on it. If you think you're some kind of Internet celebrity and you can say whatever you want about whoever you want, then you're wrong.

Also, you're full of it if you think Cali has faster cars based on the turnout of one rice infested HIN show. You should try visiting Sebring, Daytona, Moroso, Lakeland, Bradenton, or any of the other tracks where the "fast" cars frequent and tell me otherwise. I don't care what you say, Florida owns California in racing heritage hands down.

Besides, I know this goes back to the whole "left coast, best coast" mentality that I know EVERY native californian posesses. Arguing this point is like telling an LA resident the Lakers suck (but only on a winning season, of course).
You seem to dodge my valid points like a semi-retarded child. I had to just say that since you seem to love to bring on the personal attacks rather than discuss the topic at hand.

So you're saying that you have some sort of sick jealousy towards the fact that people "like" me or possibly "respect" what I have done. So the truth comes out!!! You are truly pathetic and i'm sorry that you feel that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion within reason and I never stated anywhere that I am the "Z GOD" or anything of the sort, so get your head out of your ***.

Once again you show how slow your comprehension level is by not only avoiding the topic and going on your crazy tangents, but WTF are you talking about in regards to me ever stating that Cali cars are FASTER? When I stated "faster" I was referring to the Import Scene.

I'm sorry to say, but Californian or not I give props to hot cars that should win shows or receive press for the hard work they put in to their cars and i'm sorry to say this, but more than half of the hottest cars that are discovered originate from none other than California. It is a fact and not opinion.

Actually, I am not much of a fan of the LA teams so once again your assumptions are wrong. I just speak my opinion and the truth and I am not going apologize to someone that just has some sort of LMS (Little Man Syndrome, just in case you need clarification) problem.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 07-12-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Hey Rick, I don't think Craig (taurran) really means anything. Just that when you come on here and say all the cars and scene in the south is garbage, raises a few eyebrows and is basically a slap to our faces.

His views of modifying his car might not be your views, thats where the conflict begins. I don't think we have to further this argument anymore.
I do agree I probably should have sugar coated my statement a bit more, but i'm not going to apologize as it is true. Everyone in the import scene knows that for the most part, which regions are better than others.

However, I was not specifically targeting anyone on the forum as I think your car and his are really nice as you've seen me mention whenever you post updates of things you do to your car.

I sure would be fooled if he did not mean anything by his statements as his posts are full of personal attacks, which escalated this thread from a general opinion that I stated to personal attacks on me, which were unwarranted. If he has a small pecker that is his problem not mine
Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
chuquison

cuummbayaaaa my lord! cuuumbayaaa!!!! oh lord cuummbayaaaa!!!!
lets hold hands and stop this madness if it makes you both feel better my Z is stock and both of your Z's look better and are faster, but I do have to admit rick my Z has a bigger *** than yours
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 PM
taurran

Wow. I'm amazed by your ability to make an accusation and a utterly hypocritical comment all in the same paragraph. It seems you have nothing more to say other than name-calling and putting words in my mouth. And, for the record, you haven't had a relative point other than "Califorinia is better" this entire thread.

I'll just quote you to illustrate:

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
You seem to dodge my valid points like a semi-retarded child. I had to just say that since you seem to love to bring on the personal attacks rather than discuss the topic at hand.
You're the one that is name calling... I never "personally attacked" anything other than your egotistical statement that the Southeast US sucks, nothing more.

So you're saying that you have some sort of sick jealousy towards the fact that people "like" me or possibly "respect" what I have done.
When did I say that? Oh wait.... that must be your ego talking again.

So the truth comes out!!! You are truly pathetic and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion within reason and I never stated anywhere that I am the "Z GOD" or anything of the sort, so get your head out of your ***.
More "personal attacks". What are you talking about? You conceded to the fact that you deserve "jealousy" and "respect" in your previous paragraph (see above).

Once again you show how slow your comprehension level is by not only avoiding the topic and going on your crazy tangents, but WTF are you talking about in regards to me ever stating that Cali cars are FASTER? When I stated "faster" I was referring to the Import Scene.
More "personal attacks". Oh, is this the JDM meaning of faster? It must be, because my definition of "fast" coincides with webster's:

fast
Pronunciation: 'fast
1. adjective - characterized by quick motion, operation, or effect: (1) : moving or able to move rapidly

Due my lack of JDM-ness I guess I assumed that you meant cars that actually drive "fast". Sorry about that.

I'm sorry to say, but Californian or not I give props to hot cars that should win shows or receive press for the hard work they put in to their cars and I'm sorry to say this, but more than half of the hottest cars that are discovered originate from none other than California. It is a fact and not opinion.
I'm not sure about anyone else that's reading this, but this statement alone is total comedy. Where is your statistical data that "more than half" of the "hot" cars are from California. Exactly where was this scientific study conducted that produced this factual information - California Elite JDM Car University? They are obviously the absolute authority in "hot" cars, so I'll take your word on this one.

Also, since when does winning shows or being in magazines have anything to do with having a "hot car". I know or more "hot" cars that have never seen the pages of a magazine or have won car shows - mainly because the owners don't care about these types of things.

It sounds to me like you're basing your idea of a "hot car" off someone else's opinion, not even your own. Where does this fit into fact?

Actually, I am not much of a fan of the LA teams so once again your assumptions are wrong.
The Lakers refernce was an attempt at humor which you obviously didn't get.

I just speak my opinion and the truth and I am not going apologize to someone that just has some sort of LMS (Little Man Syndrom, just in case you need clarification) problem.
Sorry, I don't want (or require) an apology.

LMS... where do you get this stuff? It seems you automatically assume I feel inferior because of the number of magazines you've been in or how many shows you've won. You couldn't be more wrong, and once again you have illustrated my point.

Anyway, I feel no need to perpetuate this thread any further. It can truly go on forever. The reason for my criticism of your original statement is due to the fact that it was in no way based on FACT, but rather on an extremely biased and untrue OPINION - an opinion which was based entirely on a single ricer car show and an immense internet ego.

Last edited by taurran; 07-13-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Wow. I'm amazed by your ability to make an accusation and a utterly hypocritical comment all in the same paragraph. It seems you have nothing more to say other than name-calling and putting words in my mouth. And, for the record, you haven't had a relative point other than "Califorinia is better" this entire thread.
Really? Let's see you state and I quote:

Most of the cars are owned by scrubs who can't even change their own oil and drive something that looks like it crashed into a carbon fiber factory.
If this is true, then my observation of the cars that attended the Southeast Region HIN should hold correct to what I say then. Right Hand Drive S10's and riced out Mr2's that looks like crap wouldn't even make it in to a So cal Show because we have more quality cars. SORRY!

You're the one that is name calling... I never "personally attacked" anything other than your egotistical statement that the Southeast US sucks, nothing more.
Okay you never attacked me first prior to my retalition:

Sorry we don't meet your expected levels of riceness. To tell you the truth I'm not the biggest fan of the look of your car either, but to each his own.
Oh well, here are some better pics of the event for those of you who are not too important to care:
Wow... someone is totally full of himself.
So you expect me to be angry that the world famous Mr Rickdogg didn't take a pic of my car? I could really care less as I can take better pics of my own (and friends') cars with my eyes closed.
If you think you're some kind of Internet celebrity and you can say whatever you want about whoever you want, then you're wrong.
Besides, I know this goes back to the whole "left coast, best coast" mentality that I know EVERY native californian posesses.

When did I say that? Oh wait.... that must be your ego talking again.

More "personal attacks". What are you talking about? You conceded to the fact that you deserve "jealousy" and "respect" in your previous paragraph (see above).
Your jealousy or lack of confidence shows that you had to so called "call me out" because you were tired of people "kissing my butt" and making me feel like some sort of Z god. I never stated that I deserved your attention little man.

More "personal attacks". Oh, is this the JDM meaning of faster? It must be, because my definition of "fast" coincides with webster's:

fast
Pronunciation: 'fast
1. adjective - characterized by quick motion, operation, or effect: (1) : moving or able to move rapidly

Due my lack of JDM-ness I guess I assumed that you meant cars that actually drive "fast". Sorry about that.
Keep reading the dictionary and learn reading comprehension. This is where I spoke of the industry being "faster" out here in California:

Originally Posted by rickdogg
Rich kids or not the fact of the matter is they collectively have better cars because the scene is much more competitive out here and much "faster."
Note for illiterate children: Faster in this sentence is used as an adjective describing the import scene being "faster" in Cali.

I'm not sure about anyone else that's reading this, but this statement alone is total comedy. Where is your statistical data that "more than half" of the "hot" cars are from California. Exactly where was this scientific study conducted that produced this factual information - California Elite JDM Car University? They are obviously the absolute authority in "hot" cars, so I'll take your word on this one.
If you have followed magazines for over the past decade, the number of cars that have been on Super Street, Import Tuner, etc. without a doubt have mainly come out of California. This is where the import scene started in the states for god's sakes! Are you that stupid to not know this?

Also, since when does winning shows or being in magazines have anything to do with having a "hot car". I know or more "hot" cars that have never seen the pages of a magazine or have won car shows - mainly because the owners don't care about these types of things.

It sounds to me like you're basing your idea of a "hot car" off someone else's opinion, not even your own. Where does this fit into fact?
If someone does not attend shows they can still have a nice car. However based on the cars that do attend when you compare show cars from the West Coast say versus Orlando, you can definitely see the drop in quality. I don't know if you need to wear some corrective eye glasses, but did you see the cars they allowed in the HIN Orlando Show Room? They would not allow those same cars to enter in to the HIN in LA because they don't need those cars to generate revenue because there is more of an abundance of quality cars out here.

The Lakers refernce was an attempt at humor which you obviously didn't get.
My mistake on referencing that specific sentence, but I think it is important to note that I will give props to any quality car from any part of the country.

Sorry, I don't want (or require) an apology.

LMS... where do you get this stuff? It seems you automatically assume I feel inferior because of the number of magazines you've been in or how many shows you've won. You couldn't be more wrong, and once again you have illustrated my point.

Anyway, I feel no need to perpetuate this thread any further. It can truly go on forever. The reason for my criticism of your original statement is due to the fact that it was in no way based on FACT, but rather on an extremely biased and untrue OPINION - an opinion which was based entirely on a single ricer car show and an immense internet ego.
Noted because you wouldn't receive an apology. You obviously have some issue with me getting my "butt kissed" which you stated, so you have some sort of dormant issue with me receiving that "treatment."

Like I said, it is my opinion. However, if a majority of the import scene agrees that the "left coast" has more quality cars than the East Coast, it is pretty much fact from a car enthusiast's stand point especially if it is in the majority. It's like taking a vote on who we want to represent us in the Government. It is one's opinion on who they think is the "best candidate" but once the votes are in there is a "winner" and the majority of votes dictates what is the majority opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:45 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Can't we all just get along. You both have amazing Z's. Some of us wish we had. Who cares if the show sucked or was teH best eVer. I have went to a couple HIN's in O-town and Miami. Same cars. Pissed me off. From the pics this show looked great. Sorry I missed it.

You guys need to chillax.This chit belongs on the Hon-duh forums.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone does not attend shows they can still have a nice car. However based on the cars that do attend when you compare show cars from the West Coast say versus Orlando, you can definitely see the drop in quality. I don't know if you need to wear some corrective eye glasses, but did you see the cars they allowed in the HIN Orlando Show Room? They would not allow those same cars to enter in to the HIN in LA because they don't need those cars to generate revenue because there is more of an abundance of quality cars out here.
This is true. HIN LA is VERY selective on who is allowed into the show. Our team was the only crew from the South invited, and I think we're only allowed to bring 8-10 cars.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:58 AM
taurran

Okay you never attacked me first prior to my retalition:
You call those attacks? You're either way too sensitive or very insecure to take those as such.

Your jealousy or lack of confidence shows that you had to so called "call me out" because you were tired of people "kissing my butt" and making me feel like some sort of Z god. I never stated that I deserved your attention little.
I have nothing to be jealous about here, and I never said you were a "z god". Wishful thinking at its finest...

In the end it seems the straws your looking for continue to elude you...

Keep reading the dictionary and learn reading comprehension. This is where I spoke of the industry being "faster" out here in California:
OH the old "reading comprehension" comeback. The hallmark sign of a forum user who is at their wit's end.

Note for illiterate children: Faster in this sentence is used as an adjective describing the import scene being "faster" in Cali.
You should consider issuing JDM ricer handbooks with your posts if you expect us to get this one.

If you have followed magazines for over the past decade, the number of cars that have been on Super Street, Import Tuner, etc. without a doubt have mainly come out of California. This is where the import scene started in the states for god's sakes! Are you that stupid to not know this?
I don't follow these magazines cause I don't really care about them. Oh WAIT, this IS where they filmed those fast and the furious movies you kids are all so fond of. Again, this must be part of the ricer handbook that we all aren't aware of. Since everyone who doesn't agree or care is "stupid", perhaps we should type one up and make it a sticky.

Yes, I do have corrective eyeglasses that turn these obviously horrible cars in the Southeast to super exotic multi-million dollar California cars. You got me.

My mistake on referencing that specific sentence, but I think it is important to note that I will give props to any quality car from any part of the country.
... as long as they are from California?

We will make a point to submit all newly modified cars for your approval, oh master of JDM quality assurance.

Noted because you wouldn't receive an apology. You obviously have some issue with me getting my "butt kissed" which you stated, so you have some sort of dormant issue with me receiving that "treatment."
You must be a practicing psychologist to be able to dig so deep in other's psyche and diagnose such deep seated issues. Really, do you get paid for this kind of stuff? "LMS" sounds like a professional term and all, but I do find it quite funny that I'm the one being referred to "little man" here...

Like I said, it is my opinion. However, if a majority of the import scene agrees that the "left coast" has more quality cars than the East Coast, it is pretty much fact from a car enthusiast's stand point especially if it is in the majority. It's like taking a vote on who we want to represent us in the Government. It is one's opinion on who they think is the "best candidate" but once the votes are in there is a "winner" and the majority of votes dictates what is the majority opinion.
This last comparison is hilarious. We all know that your opinion is as important as your ego, but both are second only to your comic ability to make up stupid sets of rules for the import community.

What do you say to giving your closing argument and calling an end to this debate? I think anyone with a remote interest in this thread already has a firm grasp on the "point" that both sides were attempting to make. If this continues I think it will take us somewhere we both don't care to go.

In the end, I think Chris (maximumsportZ) summed it up nicely:

Last edited by taurran; 07-13-2006 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

I'm not even going to bother responding to all of that since you debate like a child. Once I bring up points or reference actual examples you resort to some sort of JDM handbooks. I just referred to them as "attacks" because you were throwing dirt towards me personally so I referenced them since you said you didn't to warrant my posts replying back to you.

It's funny that you refer to me as a kid, when you are what 26? You are nothing to this industry and as such your opinion means crap to me as mine does to you. However just a thought, keep in mind you attend these shows that you hate so much

Either way until next time...

Last edited by Rickdogg; 07-13-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 AM
taurran

I'm not even going to bother responding to all of that since you debate like a child. Once I bring up points or reference actual examples you resort to some sort of JDM handbooks. I just referred to them as "attacks" because you were throwing dirt towards me personally so I referenced them since you said you didn't to warrant my posts replying back to you.

It's funny that you refer to me as a kid, when you are what 26? You are nothing to this industry and as such your opinion means crap to me as mine does to you. However just a thought, keep in mind you attend these shows that you hate so much

Either way until next time...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Miraclekidjr
Banned

Damn...that was a lot of wasted time by both of you. All I know is that you're lucky you live in CA. I know I wouldn't want to get Craig pissed.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
JhayRCruz

lol..i knew this was goin to get out of hand... Wheres the moderators when u need em... OOOOooooossssssaaaaahhhhhhh.....

ps= love the cars by the way, keep up the good work!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Vertex350

Glad you both settled this like gentlemen.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
VenomZ

Rickdogg, I'm on the east coast, and I bet 8/10 judges would score my car much higher than yours. I don't wanna hear you call "rice" either cause you have the same unfunctional crap on your car as I do. Your bodykit was not wind tested, you're not running the lightest possible wheels for any kind of racing, you haven't taken off all the weight you could take off.

Your sponsors are small, and in this industry as you claim to have influence in, don't add up to much.

I bet you'll be pissed when you see my car in a Primedia publication

I'm sure a lot of people dislike your car, personally I think a carbon fiber door looks pretty ridiculous against a silver fender that COULD also be carbon fiber...but, I know a lot of people don't like how my car looks either..and I'm fine with that. The biggest difference between you and most of the rest of my350z.com members is that at least they are respectful of others ambitions and goals.

The last time I went to taco bell, I didn't order food for myself that I thought you would like, I ordered food that *I* would like.

End rant

Last edited by VenomZ; 07-13-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 AM
roncfpz

+1.

I tell ya, clean cars just don't get no respect now a days.
Sure they do bro, love clean cars.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by lemans350zed
Rickdogg, I'm on the east coast, and I bet 8/10 judges would score my car much higher than yours. I don't wanna hear you call "rice" cause you have the same unfunctional crap on your car as I do. Your bodykit was not wind tested, you're not running the lightest possible wheels for any kind of racing, you haven't taken off all the weight you could take off.

Your sponsors are small, and in this industry as you claim to have influence in, don't add up to much.

I bet you'll be pissed when you see my car in a Primedia publication

Now that being said...I'm sure a lot of people dislike your car, Personally I think a carbon fiber door looks pretty ridiculous against a silver fender that COULD also be carbon fiber...but, I know a lot of people don't like how my car looks..and I'm fine with that. The biggest difference between you and most of the rest of my350z.com is that at least others are respectful of others ambitions and goals.

The last time I went to taco bell, I didn't order food for myself that I thought you would like, I ordered food that *I* would like.

End rant
LOL when did this become my car versus your car thread?

Let's take a look at what you have here and let the pics speak for itself. I am willing to bet that if we ever posted up polls of both of our vehicles to see who would win more votes as tasteful completion mine would win, but lets not go there like a bunch of retards.

You are probably right. Your car would probably earn more "show" points, but i'm not in the car scene to win shows. Lets take our cars to a circuit and see who fares better? If I went the show direction I guarantee that I would rape you, but that is not the direction I went with my vehicle.

Since you brought up the primedia thing, you are right I would be "mad" because your car in my eyes is hideous and I would have to call Joey over at Import Tuner and give him crap for letting such a car in to a classic magazine. Other than that I wouldn't care because I have a feature coming up with Primedia anwyays and I have been covered by who I wanted to be covered by already, but that is a subject we don't need to get into however I had to touch on it a bit since you brought it up.

The wheels I have on are my street rims and on the track I run 17's with R compounds, so I have no clue where you are getting your information. Actually I have a Cwest N1 Kit on for track use, so once again I have no clue where you are getting your unreliable information. Last I checked, C-west wind tunnel tests their body kits. Of course there is more weight I can take off, but I am open to other ideas if you have any because it is pretty damn stripped.

Where did I ever say that I was a major influence in the car industry? I was referring to Taurran's opinion not mattering to me because of him being nobody in the car scene.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 07-13-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
roncfpz

Rick (?),

I would have to say I thought your original post came across very arrogant. Perhaps you did not intend for it to be that way; most people don't do so intentionally. Nonetheless, it came across that way and in particular you have stated several times that it was merely your opinion yet you follow up by saying "it's a fact." It is your OPINION that the cars @ HIN Orlando were not very good. It is your OPINION that cars from the west coast are "better" than the east. That's all it is, your opinion and not a fact. You will find plenty to agree and disagree on either side.

Of course, it is just my opinion that you came across as very arrogant in your original post and the same with most of your posts later in this thread.

With all due respect,
Ron

Quick Reply: A few pics from HIN Orlando