A few pics from HIN Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Rick (?),

I would have to say I thought your original post came across very arrogant. Perhaps you did not intend for it to be that way; most people don't do so intentionally. Nonetheless, it came across that way and in particular you have stated several times that it was merely your opinion yet you follow up by saying "it's a fact." It is your OPINION that the cars @ HIN Orlando were not very good. It is your OPINION that cars from the west coast are "better" than the east. That's all it is, your opinion and not a fact. You will find plenty to agree and disagree on either side.

Of course, it is just my opinion that you came across as very arrogant in your original post and the same with most of your posts later in this thread.

With all due respect,
Ron
No problem Ron,

Your car is one of my fav Z's from the East Coast! However, like I stated I probably should have sugar coated my initial post a bit, but I was just getting the pics up fast and copying and pasting on to other forums and didn't think of it much.

You are right it is just my opinion and I was just referencing examples to support my opinion kind of like a stance on an essay where someone cites examples I guess haha.

Anyways, yes I definitely came off as arrogant because I don't feel that I need to be nice to someone if they start off thinking that I had bad intentions and starts throwing personal attacks my way.

Peace
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 AM
VenomZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
LOL when did this become my car versus your car thread?
When you said the california moves faster than the east coast.

Let's take a look at what you have here and let the pics speak for itself. I am willing to bet that if we ever posted up polls of both of our vehicles to see who would win more votes as tasteful completion mine would win, but lets not go there like a bunch of retards.
Ok, and what did the title of that thread say where you got this picture? it said "Widebody ALMOST complete"..almost being the key word. The people over at hincity.com would tend to disagree with you though...see here

We went 2 different directions, and for what you want to do with you car, I salute you, you need to learn to do the same for other people..

You are probably right. Your car would probably earn more "show" points, but i'm not in the car scene to win shows. Lets take our cars to a circuit and see who fares better?
Ok..I'll be in Vegas for SEMA..i won't track against you, but I bet I'll beat you down the 1/4 mile, of course by then I'll have built internals and i'll have upgraded my turbonetics kit to the 1.5 kit..so it may be a bit unfair.

If I went the show direction I guarantee that I would rape you, but that is not the direction I went with my vehicle.
prove it...I bet Andy(since you threw out names) from NCCA would disagree with you, again I say post your car up at hincity.com and lets see what the people say

Since you brought up the primedia thing, you are right I would be "mad" because your car in my eyes is hideous and I would have to call Joey over at Import Tuner and give him crap for letting such a car in to a classic magazine. Other than that I wouldn't care because I have a feature coming up with Primedia anwyays and I have been covered by who I wanted to be covered by already, but that is a subject we don't need to get into however I had to touch on it a bit since you brought it up.
Same applies, I won't be reading your feature in Import Tuner..not that I read Import Tuner...it's Super Street's little sister...try getting a bigger feature

The wheels I have on are my street rims and on the track I run 17's with R compounds, so I have no clue where you are getting your information.
You're awesome JTuned feature

And just for my knowledge, if the west coast moves so much faster than the east, why does Primedia have an office in Tampa?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
No problem Ron,

Your car is one of my fav Z's from the East Coast! However, like I stated I probably should have sugar coated my initial post a bit, but I was just getting the pics up fast and copying and pasting on to other forums and didn't think of it much.

You are right it is just my opinion and I was just referencing examples to support my opinion kind of like a stance on an essay where someone cites examples I guess haha.

Anyways, yes I definitely came off as arrogant because I don't feel that I need to be nice to someone if they start off thinking that I had bad intentions and starts throwing personal attacks my way.

Peace
It's all good. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lemans350zed

Ok, and what did the title of that thread say where you got this picture? it said "Widebody ALMOST complete"..almost being the key word. The people over at hincity.com would tend to disagree with you though...see here

We went 2 different directions, and for what you want to do with you car, I salute you, you need to learn to do the same for other people..
I did, I just decided not to take pics of the cars and that was it. If someone takes it personally towards their own car then that is their problem.

On the open forum or internet people are sugar coating things, but i'm sure you haven't heard the **** that people were saying about your car in Orlando. I'm talking people that run HIN haha. Maybe that is why your car had such ****ty placement at the venue. Super dark area to make sure no one goes blind from the ugliness

Ok..I'll be in Vegas for SEMA..i won't track against you, but I bet I'll beat you down the 1/4 mile, of course by then I'll have built internals and i'll have upgraded my turbonetics kit to the 1.5 kit..so it may be a bit unfair.
Of course 1/4 mile, but let's race around the track at Pahrump (sp?) which is I believe close to 3 miles now.

prove it...I bet Andy(since you threw out names) from NCCA would disagree with you, again I say post your car up at hincity.com and lets see what the people say
Like stated before, I already went the race cdirection with my car, but if I started off with pure show and stuck with it, I guarantee I would not have run with Axis rims (crap!) and put that choo choo train body kit on my car and make it look like a retarded version of Tony the Tiger.

Same applies, I won't be reading your feature in Import Tuner..not that I read Import Tuner...it's Super Street's little sister...try getting a bigger feature

You're awesome JTuned feature

And just for my knowledge, if the west coast moves so much faster than the east, why does Primedia have an office in Tampa?
LOL you act is if I couldn't choose which Primedia mag I wanted to get in to if I tried. I chose Import Tuner because I like their magazine layout more. I doubt what you know what you are talking about because you had so much false information on my car as far as setup. My car was in Option Magazine which I personally think is more of a pipe dream type magazine to get in to than any Primedia magazine.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:33 PM
VQ35DEV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t understand how this started, Rick mentions his opinion (while sharing his pics with the Z community) and people started to get butt hurt. What he said might have come off arrogant but he did not point fingers at certain individuals, there is no need to get your panties up in a bunch over nothing. He made a very broad statement and it turned into a flame war. If you’re so sure your car is better or your area is better then you don’t have to try to convince anyone online. I don’t understand why these certain individuals took it so personally but this all started because people started to assume ****. Rick did not direct anything AT the Z crowd, If a cars clean Rick will give it the props it deserves just like anyone else. There were other makes and models there no? And I don’t understand why you had to comment Leman, they just finished arguing and you have to go ahead and start up a new one? Aren’t you the genius.. The fact is everyone has their own opinions, and obviously you’re going to rep your own area. And as Men we all got big egos “MY” car will always be better. Winning an argument online is just like …. . I know Rick and Rick is not an arrogant type of guy, Rick only responded after being put on blast. The way I see it, what Rick said can come off a bit arrogant, but it was not necessary to put him on blast by talking **** and directing it at him personally over a broad statement. In the end all of you guys ****ed up, this started because of a miscommunication and people assuming. Grab a beer, and let’s show some love to our fellow Z brothers ..